The economic impact of malaria in Africa: a critical review of the evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mwenesi, Halima & Harpham, Trudy & Snow, Robert W., 1995. "Child malaria treatment practices among mothers in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1271-1277, May.
- Jayawardene, Ruwani, 1993. "Illness perception: Social cost and coping-strategies of malaria cases," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1169-1176, November.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & van Roijen, Leona, 1995. "The friction cost method for measuring indirect costs of disease," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 171-189, June.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M., 1993. "Agricultural land use patterns and malaria conditions in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1121-1130, November.
- Brown, Peter J., 1986. "Socioeconomic and demographic effects of malaria eradication: A comparison of Sri Lanka and Sardinia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 847-859, January.
- Popkin, Barry M., 1982. "A household framework for examining the social and economic consequences of tropical diseases," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 533-543, January.
- Asenso-Okyere, W. K. & Dzator, Janet A., 1997. "Household cost of seeking malaria care. A retrospective study of two districts in Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 659-667, September.
- Audibert, Martine, 1986. "Agricultural non-wage production and health status : A case study in a tropical environment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 275-291, December.
- Bonilla, Elssy & Rodriguez, A., 1993. "Determining malaria effects in rural Colombia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1109-1114, November.
- Boissiere, M & Knight, J B & Sabot, R H, 1985. "Earnings, Schooling, Ability, and Cognitive Skills," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1016-1030, December.
- Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lurie, M. & Lwihula, G. K. & Premji, Z. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J., 1996. "Local terminology for febrile illnesses in Bagamoyo District, Tanzania and its impact on the design of a community-based malaria control programme," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1057-1067, April.
- David B. Evans & Susan F. Hurley, 1995. "The application of economic evaluation techniques in the health sector: The state of the art," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 503-524, May.
- Sauerborn, R. & Adams, A. & Hien, M., 1996. "Household strategies to cope with the economic costs of illness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 291-301, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:63:y:2003:i:1:p:17-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.