The economic impact of malaria in Africa: a critical review of the evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mwenesi, Halima & Harpham, Trudy & Snow, Robert W., 1995. "Child malaria treatment practices among mothers in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1271-1277, May.
- Jayawardene, Ruwani, 1993. "Illness perception: Social cost and coping-strategies of malaria cases," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1169-1176, November.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & van Roijen, Leona, 1995. "The friction cost method for measuring indirect costs of disease," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 171-189, June.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M., 1993. "Agricultural land use patterns and malaria conditions in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1121-1130, November.
- Brown, Peter J., 1986. "Socioeconomic and demographic effects of malaria eradication: A comparison of Sri Lanka and Sardinia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 847-859, January.
- Popkin, Barry M., 1982. "A household framework for examining the social and economic consequences of tropical diseases," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 533-543, January.
- Asenso-Okyere, W. K. & Dzator, Janet A., 1997. "Household cost of seeking malaria care. A retrospective study of two districts in Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 659-667, September.
- Audibert, Martine, 1986. "Agricultural non-wage production and health status : A case study in a tropical environment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 275-291, December.
- Bonilla, Elssy & Rodriguez, A., 1993. "Determining malaria effects in rural Colombia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1109-1114, November.
- Boissiere, M & Knight, J B & Sabot, R H, 1985. "Earnings, Schooling, Ability, and Cognitive Skills," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1016-1030, December.
- Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lurie, M. & Lwihula, G. K. & Premji, Z. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J., 1996. "Local terminology for febrile illnesses in Bagamoyo District, Tanzania and its impact on the design of a community-based malaria control programme," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1057-1067, April.
- David B. Evans & Susan F. Hurley, 1995. "The application of economic evaluation techniques in the health sector: The state of the art," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 503-524, May.
- Sauerborn, R. & Adams, A. & Hien, M., 1996. "Household strategies to cope with the economic costs of illness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 291-301, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:63:y:2003:i:1:p:17-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.