Drug cost containment policies in Italy: are they really effective in the long-run?: The case of minimum reference price
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huttin, Christine, 1994. "The use of prescription charges," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Hunt-McCool, Janet & Kiker, B F & Ng, Ying Chu, 1994. "Estimates of the Demand for Medical Care under Different Functional Forms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 201-218, April-Jun.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Fattore, Giovanni & Jommi, Claudio, 1998. "The new pharmaceutical policy in Italy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 21-41, October.
- Jeremiah Hurley & Nancy Arbuthnot Johnson, 1991. "The Effects of Co-payments within Drug Reimbursement Programs," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 17(4), pages 473-489, December.
- Michael Baye & Robert Maness & Steven Wiggins, 1997. "Demand systems and the true subindex of the cost of living for pharmaceuticals," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1179-1190.
- Christine Huttin, 1997. "Income distribution and consumer demand for health services. The case of prescribed medicines in the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 497-503.
- Richard D. Auster & Ronald L. Oaxaca, 1981. "Identification of Supplier Induced Demand in the Health Care Sector," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(3), pages 327-342.
- Leibowitz, Arleen & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 1985. "The demand for prescription drugs as a function of cost-sharing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1063-1069, January.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1978. "The Supply of Surgeons and the Demand for Operations," NBER Working Papers 0236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andree Ehlert & Dirk Oberschachtsiek & Stefan Prawda, 2013. "Cost Containment and Managed Care: Evidence from German Macro Data," Working Paper Series in Economics 284, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Chiara Bonassi & Laura Magazzini & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2007. "La spesa farmaceutica territoriale convenzionata: il modello FarmaRegio per l'analisi della variabilità regionale," Working Papers CERM 03-2007, Competitività, Regole, Mercati (CERM).
- Fiorio, Carlo V. & Siciliani, Luigi, 2010. "Co-payments and the demand for pharmaceuticals: Evidence from Italy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 835-841, July.
- Andree Ehlert & Dirk Oberschachtsiek, 2014. "Does managed care reduce health care expenditure? Evidence from spatial panel data," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 207-227, September.
- Fabio Pammolli & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2008. "Occupazione, produttività e demografia: le sfide per la crescita del Mezzogiorno - Riforme strutturali per dare basi al federalismo," Working Papers CERM 02-2008, Competitività, Regole, Mercati (CERM).
- Laura Magazzini & Fabio Pammolli & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2006. "La spesa farmaceutica pubblica - Analisi degli ultimi anni e indicazioni per una nuova politica economica," Working Papers CERM 03-2006, Competitività, Regole, Mercati (CERM).
- Iván Moreno-Torres & Jaume Puig-Junoy & Josep Raya, 2011. "The impact of repeated cost containment policies on pharmaceutical expenditure: experience in Spain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 563-573, December.
- Andersson, Karolina & Petzold, Max Gustav & Sonesson, Christian & Lonnroth, Knut & Carlsten, Anders, 2006. "Do policy changes in the pharmaceutical reimbursement schedule affect drug expenditures?: Interrupted time series analysis of cost, volume and cost per volume trends in Sweden 1986-2002," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 231-243, December.
- Vincenzo Atella & Karen Hassell & Ellen Schafheutle & Marjorie C. Weiss & Peter R. Noyce, 2003. "Cost to the Patient or Cost to the Healthcare System? Which one Matters the Most for GP Prescribing Decisions? A UK-Italy Comparison," CEIS Research Paper 1, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Burapadaja, Siriporn & Kawasaki, Naohito & Charumanee, Suporn & Ogata, Fumihiko, 2007. "Effects of essential medicines on cardiovascular products available for the market in Thailand," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 67-74, November.
- Vincenzo Atella & Peter R. Noyce & Ellen Schafheutle & Karen Hassell, 2005. "Affordability of Medicines and Patients' Cost Reduction Behaviors: Empirical Evidence Based on SUR Estimates from Italy and the United Kingdom," CEIS Research Paper 71, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:50:y:2000:i:3:p:197-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.