Financial performance in Finnish large- and medium-sized sawmills: The effects of value-added creation and cost-efficiency seeking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Caves, Richard E, 1980. "Industrial Organization, Corporate Strategy and Structure," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 64-92, March.
- Roos, Anders & Flinkman, Matti & Jappinen, Armas & Lonner, Goran & Warensjo, Mats, 2001. "Production strategies in the Swedish softwood sawmilling industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 189-197, November.
- John A. Mathews, 2002. "special issue: A resource-based view of Schumpeterian economic dynamics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-54.
- Månsson, Jonas, 2003. "Economies of scale in the Swedish sawmill industry," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 169-179.
- Gabriel Hawawini & Venkata Subban Subramanian & Paul Verdin, 2003. "Is performance driven by industry- or firm-specific factors? A new look at the evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14188, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Riahi-Belkaoui, Ahmed, 1999. "Net Value Added and Earnings Determination," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 393-399, December.
- Lantz, Van, 2005. "Measuring scale, technology and price effects on value-added production across Canadian forest industry sectors," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 333-344, March.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Chandra Kanodia & Haresh Sapra & Raghu Venugopalan, 2004. "Should Intangibles Be Measured: What Are the Economic Trade-Offs?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 89-120, March.
- Ahmed Riahi-Belkaoui, 1997. "Multidivisional Structure and Productivity: The Contingency of Diversification Strategy," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 615-628.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:29:y:2017:i:pb:p:94-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Korhonen, J. & Zhang, Y. & Toppinen, A., 21. "To own forest or not? Vertical integration in pulp and paper sector," Scandinavian Forest Economics: Proceedings of the Biennial Meeting of the Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics, Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics, issue 45, May.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:82:y:2017:i:c:p:30-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Eric & Nybakk, Erlend & Panwar, Rajat, 2015. "Pure versus hybrid competitive strategies in the forest sector: Performance implications," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 51-57.
More about this item
KeywordsValue-added Cost-efficiency Strategy Large- and medium-sized sawmills Financial performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:14:y:2008:i:4:p:289-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description .