Debt restructurings, holdouts, and exit consents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stohs, Mark Hoven & Mauer, David C, 1996. "The Determinants of Corporate Debt Maturity Structure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 279-312, July.
- Randall S. Kroszner, 2003. "Sovereign Debt Restructuring," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 75-79, May.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody, 2003.
"Is Aggregation a Problem for Sovereign Debt Restructuring?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 80-84, May.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Mody, Ashoka, 2003. "Is Aggregation a Problem for Sovereign Debt Restructuring?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3771, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip E. Strahan, 1999. "Borrower risk and the price and nonprice terms of bank loans," Staff Reports 90, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Andrei Shleifer, 2003.
"Will the Sovereign Debt Market Survive?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 85-90, May.
- Andrei Shleifer, 2003. "Will the Sovereign Debt Market Survive?," NBER Working Papers 9493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer, 2003. "Will The Sovereign Debt Market Survive?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2000, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1986. " Asymmetric Information and Risky Debt Maturity Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 19-37, March.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa‐Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2005.
"Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2895-2923, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller & Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2004.
- Marco A Espinosa-Vega & Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & W. Scott Frame, 2005. "Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information," IMF Working Papers 05/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Frederick C. Scherr & Heather M. Hulburt, 2001. "The Debt Maturity Structure of Small Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 30(1), Spring.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33078969 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aron A. Gottesman & Gordon S. Roberts, 2004. "Maturity and Corporate Loan Pricing," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Anne Krueger, 2003. "Sovereign Debt Restructuring: Messy or Messier?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 70-74, May.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1991. "Debt Maturity Structure and Liquidity Risk," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 709-737.
- Gertner, Robert & Scharfstein, David, 1991.
" A Theory of Workouts and the Effects of Reorganization Law,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1189-1222, September.
- Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1991. "A Theory of Workouts and the Effects of Reorganization Law," NBER Technical Working Papers 0103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1980. "Takeover Bids, the Free-Rider Problem, and the Theory of the Corporation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 42-64, Spring.
- Kahan, Marcel & Tuckman, Bruce, 1993. "Do Bondholders Lose from Junk Bond Covenant Changes," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(4), pages 499-516, October.
- Mark Bagnoli, Barton L. Lipman, 1988. "Successful Takeovers without Exclusion," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 89-110.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jamie A. Anderson-Parson & Terrill R. Keasler & Robin T. Byerly, 2015. "Bond Indenture Consent Solicitations as a Debt Management Tool," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-14, July.
- Ran Bi & Marcos Chamon & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2016.
"The Problem that Wasn’t: Coordination Failures in Sovereign Debt Restructurings,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 64(3), pages 471-501, August.
- Jeromin Zettelmeyer & Marcos d Chamon & Ran Bi, 2011. "The Problem that Wasn't; Coordination Failures in Sovereign Debt Restructurings," IMF Working Papers 11/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Andras Danis, 2013. "Do Empty Creditors Matter? Evidence from Distressed Exchange Offers," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1334, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Wolfgang Eggert & Maximilian Stephan & Janine Temme & Handirk von Ungern-Sternberg, 2015. "Diversification, Risk Aversion and Expectation in a Holdout Scenario," CESifo Working Paper Series 5527, CESifo Group Munich.
- John, Kose & Mateti, Ravi S. & Vasudevan, Gopala, 2013. "Resolution of financial distress: A theory of the choice between Chapter 11 and workouts," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 196-209.
- repec:mul:jdp901:doi:10.12831/73633:y:2013:i:1:p:51-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flavio Bazzana & Luigi Mittone & Luciano Andreozzi, 2012. "The freeze-out bond exchange offer. An experimental approach," CEEL Working Papers 1204, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Flavio Bazzana & Eleonora Broccardo, 2013. "The role of bondholder coordination in freeze-out exchange offers," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 67-84, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:3:y:2007:i:1:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.