Market structure, fragmentation, and market quality
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boehmer, Beatrice & Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2003. "Trading your neighbor's ETFs: Competition or fragmentation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1667-1703, September.
- Christie William G. & Huang Roger D., 1994. "Market Structures and Liquidity: A Transactions Data Study of Exchange Listings," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 300-326, June.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M., 1997. "A Comparison of Trade Execution Costs for NYSE and NASDAQ-Listed Stocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 287-310, September.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1995. "Consolidation, Fragmentation, and the Disclosure of Trading Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 579-603.
- William B. Elliott & Richard S. Warr, 2003. "Price Pressure on the NYSE and Nasdaq: Evidence from S&P 500 Index Changes," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 32(3), Fall.
- Jones, Charles M. & Lipson, Marc L., 1999. "Execution Costs of Institutional Equity Orders," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 123-140, July.
- Michael J. Barclay & Terrence Hendershott, 2004. "Liquidity Externalities and Adverse Selection: Evidence from Trading after Hours," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 681-710, April.
- Jones, C.M. & Lipson, M.L., 1999. "Execution Costs of Institutional Equity Orders," Papers 99-1, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Porter, David C. & Thatcher, John G., 1998. "Fragmentation, competition, and limit orders: New evidence from interday spreads," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 111-128.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Heckman, James J, 1979. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Cohen, Kalman J. & Maier, Steven F. & Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1982. "An analysis of the economic justification for consolidation in a secondary security market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 117-136, March.
- Kadlec, Gregory B & McConnell, John J, 1994. " The Effect of Market Segmentation and Illiquidity on Asset Prices: Evidence from Exchange Listings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 611-636, June.
- Travis R. A. Sapp & Xuemin (Sterling) Yan, 2003. "The Nasdaq-Amex Merger, Nasdaq Reforms, and the Liquidity of Small Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(2), pages 225-242.
- Keim, Donald B & Madhaven, Ananth, 1996. "The Upstairs Market for Large-Block Transactions: Analysis and Measurement of Price Effects," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 1-36.
- Barclay, Michael J., 1997. "Bid-ask spreads and the avoidance of odd-eighth quotes on Nasdaq: An examination of exchange listings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 35-60, July.
- Neal, Robert, 1987. " Potential Competition and Actual Competition in Equity Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 511-531, July.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1999. "Trade Execution Costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE: A Post-Reform Comparison," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 387-407, September.
- Mendelson, Haim, 1987. "Consolidation, Fragmentation, and Market Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 189-207, June.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2005. "Dimensions of execution quality: Recent evidence for US equity markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 553-582, December.
- Amihud, Yakov & Lauterbach, Beni & Mendelson, Haim, 2003. "The Value of Trading Consolidation: Evidence from the Exercise of Warrants," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(04), pages 829-846, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:9:y:2006:i:1:p:49-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.