Hard assets: The returns on rare diamonds and gems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Christophe Spaenjers & Luc Renneboog, 2012. "Hard assets: The returns on rare diamonds and gems," Post-Print hal-00758542, HAL.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Spaenjers, C., 2011. "Hard Assets : The Returns on Rare Diamonds and Gems," Discussion Paper 2011-056, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Jonathan A. Parker & Motohiro Yogo, 2004.
"Luxury Goods and the Equity Premium,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(6), pages 2959-3004, December.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Jonathan A. Parker & Motohiro Yogo, 2001. "Luxury Goods and the Equity Premium," NBER Working Papers 8417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Jonathan A. Parker & Motohiro Yogo, 2002. "Luxury Goods and the Equity Premium," Working Papers 145, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Discussion Papers in Economics.
- William N. Goetzmann & Luc Renneboog & Christophe Spaenjers, 2011.
"Art and Money,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 222-226, May.
- William Goetzmann & Luc Renneboog & Christophe Spaenjers, 2009. "Art and Money," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2426, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2010.
- William N. Goetzmann & Luc Renneboog & Christophe Spaenjers, 2011. "Art and Money," Post-Print hal-00623450, HAL.
- Goetzmann, W. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Spaenjers, C., 2010. "Art and Money," Discussion Paper 2010-08, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- William N. Goetzmann & Luc Renneboog & Christophe Spaenjers, 2009. "Art and Money," NBER Working Papers 15502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Debora L. Spar, 2006. "Markets: Continuity and Change in the International Diamond Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 195-208, Summer.
- Frank Scott & Aaron Yelowitz, 2010. "Pricing Anomalies In The Market For Diamonds: Evidence Of Conformist Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(2), pages 353-368, April.
- Combris, Pierre & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 1997. "Estimation for a Hedonic Price Equation for Bordeaux Wine: Does Quality Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 390-402, March.
- Dimson, Elroy & Spaenjers, Christophe, 2011.
"Ex post: The investment performance of collectible stamps,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 443-458, May.
- Dimson, E. & Spaenjers, C., 2009. "Ex-Post : The Investment Performance of Collectible Stamps," Discussion Paper 2009-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Elroy Dimson & Christophe Spaenjers, 2011. "Ex post: The investment performance of collectible stamps," Post-Print hal-00623442, HAL.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- Meese, Richard A & Wallace, Nancy E, 1997. "The Construction of Residential Housing Price Indices: A Comparison of Repeat-Sales, Hedonic-Regression and Hybrid Approaches," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 51-73, Jan.-Marc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:12:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11846-017-0234-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jjrfmx:v:12:y:2019:i:2:p:79-:d:227995 is not listed on IDEAS
- Renneboog, L.D.R., 2013. "The Returns on Investment Grade Diamonds," Discussion Paper 2013-025, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Esmeralda A. Ramalho & Joaquim J.S. Ramalho, 2014.
"Convenient links for the estimation of hedonic price indexes: the case of unique, infrequently traded assets,"
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 68(2), pages 91-117, May.
- Esmeralda Ramalho & Joquim Ramalho, 2014. "Convenient links for the estimation of hedonic price indexes:the case of unique, infrequently traded assets," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2014_01, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2013. "Diamonds — A precious new asset?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 182-189.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:58:y:2019:i:c:p:184-207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Low, Rand Kwong Yew & Yao, Yiran & Faff, Robert, 2016. "Diamonds vs. precious metals: What shines brightest in your investment portfolio?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-14.
- Laurs, Dries & Renneboog, Luc, 2019. "My kingdom for a horse (or a classic car)," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 184-207.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative investments; Auctions; Diamonds; Gems; Hedonic regression; Luxury goods;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- Q31 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:9:y:2012:i:4:p:220-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.