Risk management under extreme events
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Engle, 2001. "GARCH 101: The Use of ARCH/GARCH Models in Applied Econometrics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 157-168, Fall.
- Engle, Robert F & Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria, 1991. "Semiparametric ARCH Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(4), pages 345-359, October.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan, 2013. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures in the Indian stock market: An extreme value approach," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 79-85.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan & Shukla, Girja K., 2015. "Managing extreme risk in some major stock markets: An extreme value approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-25.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan & Paul, Samit, 2016. "Intraday risk management in International stock markets: A conditional EVT approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 34-55.
- Chrétien, Stéphane & Coggins, Frank, 2010. "Performance and conservatism of monthly FHS VaR: An international investigation," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 323-333, December.
- Fong Chan, Kam & Gray, Philip, 2006. "Using extreme value theory to measure value-at-risk for daily electricity spot prices," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 283-300.
- Zhi-Fu Mi & Yue-Jun Zhang, 2011.
"Estimating the 'value at risk' of EUA futures prices based on the extreme value theory,"
International Journal of Global Energy Issues,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 35(2/3/4), pages 145-157.
- Zhi-Fu Mi & Yue-Jun Zhang, 2010. "Estimating the 'value at risk' of EUA futures prices based on the extreme value theory," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 9, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Chen, Qian & Lv, Xin, 2015. "The extreme-value dependence between the crude oil price and Chinese stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 121-132.
- Gonzalo Cortazar & Alejandro Bernales & Diether Beuermann, 2005. "Methodology and Implementation of Value-at-Risk Measures in Emerging Fixed-Income Markets with Infrequent Trading," Finance 0512030, EconWPA.
- Manel Youssef & Lotfi Belkacem & Khaled Mokni, 2015. "Extreme Value Theory and long-memory-GARCH Framework: Application to Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(8), pages 371-388, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:14:y:2005:i:2:p:113-148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .