Using high, low, open, and closing prices to estimate the effects of cash settlement on futures prices
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994.
"Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 371-89, October.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Jacquier, Polson, Rossi (1994) stochastic volatility," Statistical Software Components RTZ00105, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Harvey, Andrew & Ruiz, Esther & Shephard, Neil, 1994.
"Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 247-64, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to estimate multivariate stochastic volatility models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00093, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Elam, Emmett W., 1988. "Estimated Hedging Risk With Cash Settlement Feeder Cattle Futures," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- Hwang, S. & Satchell, S. E., 1997. "Market Risk and the Concept of Fundamental Volatility," Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers 97-af37, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ruiz, Esther, 1994. "Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation of stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 289-306, July.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- A. Ronald Gallant & Chien-Te Hsu & George Tauchen, 1999.
"Using Daily Range Data To Calibrate Volatility Diffusions And Extract The Forward Integrated Variance,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 617-631, November.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Hsu, Chien-Te & Tauchen, George, 2000. "Using Daily Range Data to Calibrate Volatility Diffusions and Extract the Forward Integrated Variance," Working Papers 00-04, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1996.
"Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference And Comparison With Arch Models,"
- Kim, Sangjoon & Shephard, Neil & Chib, Siddhartha, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(3), pages 361-93, July.
- Sangjoon Kim, Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, . "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers W26, revised version of W, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers 3., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Andersen, Torben G, 1996. " Return Volatility and Trading Volume: An Information Flow Interpretation of Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 169-204, March.
- Yang, Dennis & Zhang, Qiang, 2000. "Drift-Independent Volatility Estimation Based on High, Low, Open, and Close Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(3), pages 477-91, July.
- Garman, Mark B & Klass, Michael J, 1980. "On the Estimation of Security Price Volatilities from Historical Data," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-78, January.
- Hwang, Soosung & Satchell, Stephen E., 2000.
"Market risk and the concept of fundamental volatility: Measuring volatility across asset and derivative markets and testing for the impact of derivatives markets on financial markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 759-785, May.
- Stephen Satchell & Soosung Hwang, 1999. "Market Risk and the Concept of Fundamental Volatility: Measuring Volatility Across Asset and Derivative Markets and Testing for the Impact of Derivatives Markets on Financial Markets," Working Papers wp99-16, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Sassan Alizadeh & Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 1999. "Range-Based Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models or Exchange Rate Dynamics are More Interesting Than You Think," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2002. "Physical delivery versus cash settlement: an empirical study on the feeder cattle contract," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 361-371, November.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-17, October.
- Canina, Linda & Figlewski, Stephen, 1993. "The Informational Content of Implied Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 659-81.
- Kenyon, David E. & Bainbridge, Bruce & Ernst, Robin, 1991. "Impact Of Cash Settlement On Feeder Cattle Basis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Chan, Leo & Lien, Donald, 2002. "Measuring the impacts of cash settlement: A stochastic volatility approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-263.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:12:y:2003:i:1:p:35-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.