Using high, low, open, and closing prices to estimate the effects of cash settlement on futures prices
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elam, Emmett W., 1988. "Estimated Hedging Risk With Cash Settlement Feeder Cattle Futures," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- Stephen Satchell & Soosung Hwang, 1999.
"Market Risk and the Concept of Fundamental Volatility: Measuring Volatility Across Asset and Derivative Markets and Testing for the Impact of Derivatives Markets on Financial Markets,"
wp99-16, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Hwang, Soosung & Satchell, Stephen E., 2000. "Market risk and the concept of fundamental volatility: Measuring volatility across asset and derivative markets and testing for the impact of derivatives markets on financial markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 759-785, May.
- Kenyon, David E. & Bainbridge, Bruce & Ernst, Robin, 1991. "Impact Of Cash Settlement On Feeder Cattle Basis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002.
"Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Sassan Alizadeh & Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 1999. "Range-Based Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models or Exchange Rate Dynamics are More Interesting Than You Think," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Yang, Dennis & Zhang, Qiang, 2000. "Drift-Independent Volatility Estimation Based on High, Low, Open, and Close Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(3), pages 477-91, July.
- Garman, Mark B & Klass, Michael J, 1980. "On the Estimation of Security Price Volatilities from Historical Data," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-78, January.
- Canina, Linda & Figlewski, Stephen, 1993. "The Informational Content of Implied Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 659-81.
- A. Ronald Gallant & Chien-Te Hsu & George Tauchen, 1999.
"Using Daily Range Data To Calibrate Volatility Diffusions And Extract The Forward Integrated Variance,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 617-631, November.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Hsu, Chien-Te & Tauchen, George, 2000. "Using Daily Range Data to Calibrate Volatility Diffusions and Extract the Forward Integrated Variance," Working Papers 00-04, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Hwang, S. & Satchell, S. E., 1997. "Market Risk and the Concept of Fundamental Volatility," Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers 97-af37, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ruiz, Esther, 1994. "Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation of stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 289-306, July.
- Andrew Harvey & Esther Ruiz & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-264.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-17, October.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2002. "Physical delivery versus cash settlement: an empirical study on the feeder cattle contract," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 361-371, November.
- Chan, Leo & Lien, Donald, 2002. "Measuring the impacts of cash settlement: A stochastic volatility approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-263.
- Andersen, Torben G, 1996. " Return Volatility and Trading Volume: An Information Flow Interpretation of Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 169-204, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:12:y:2003:i:1:p:35-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.