Estimated Hedging Risk With Cash Settlement Feeder Cattle Futures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eckstein, Zvi, 1984. "A Rational Expectations Model of Agricultural Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 1-19, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2006. "A survey on physical delivery versus cash settlement in futures contracts," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 15-29.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2003. "Minimum Variance Hedging And The Encompassing Principle: Assessing The Effectiveness Of Futures Hedges," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22247, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Brake, William & Anderson, John D. & Coffey, Brian K., 2006. "Geographic and Seasonal Differences in the Feeder Cattle Hedging Risk," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35325, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Chan, Leo & Lien, Donald, 2002. "Measuring the impacts of cash settlement: A stochastic volatility approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-263.
- Anonymous, 1990. "Structural Change in Livestock: Causes, Implications, Alternatives," Research Institute on Livestock Pricing Publications 232728, Virginia Tech, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Coffey, Brian K. & Anderson, John D. & Parcell, Joseph L., 2000. "Optimal Hedging Ratios And Hedging Risk For Grain By-Products," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21804, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Coffey, Brian K. & Anderson, John D. & Parcell, Joseph L., 2002. "Spatial Analysis Of Feeder Cattle Hedging Risk," 2002 Annual Meeting, July 28-31, 2002, Long Beach, California 36586, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Chan, Leo & Lien, Donald, 2003. "Using high, low, open, and closing prices to estimate the effects of cash settlement on futures prices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 35-47.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2002. "Physical delivery versus cash settlement: an empirical study on the feeder cattle contract," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 361-371, November.
- Schroeder, Ted C. & Yang, Xiaolou, 2001. "Hedging Wholesale Beef Cuts," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36091, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Frank, Julieta & Gomez, Miguel I. & Kunda, Eugene L. & Garcia, Philip, 2008. "Cash Settlement of Lean Hog Futures Contracts Reexamined," 2008 Conference, April 21-22, 2008, St. Louis, Missouri 37611, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
More about this item
KeywordsLivestock Production/Industries; Marketing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:wjagec:32158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.