The Diffusion of Tractors on the Canadian Prairies: The Threshold Model and the Problem of Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olmstead, Alan L., 1975. "The Mechanization of Reaping and Mowing in American Agriculture, 1833–1870," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 327-352, June.
- J. C. Herbert Emery & Kenneth J. McKenzie, 1996. "Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't: An Option Value Approach to Evaluating the Subsidy of the CPR Mainline," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 255-270, May.
- Marcus, Alan J & Modest, David M, 1984. "Futures Markets and Production Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 409-426, June.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- R. M. McInnis, 1986. "Output and Productivity in Canadian Agriculture, 1870-71 to 1926-27," NBER Chapters,in: Long-Term Factors in American Economic Growth, pages 737-778 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olmstead, Alan L. & Rhode, Paul W., 1995. "Beyond the Threshold: An Analysis of the Characteristics and Behavior of Early Reaper Adopters," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(01), pages 27-57, March.
- Musoke, Moses S., 1981. "Mechanizing cotton production in the American south: The tractor, 1915-1960," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 347-375, November.
- Giannis Karagiannis & W. Hartley Furtan, 1990. "Induced Innovation in Canadian Agriculture: 1926–87," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 38(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Tony Ward, 1994. "The Origins of the Canadian Wheat Boom, 1880-1910," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 865-883, November.
- Warren C. Whatley, 1985. "A History of Mechanization in the Cotton South: The Institutional Hypothesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1191-1215.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Greasley & Les Oxley, 2010.
"Cliometrics And Time Series Econometrics: Some Theory And Applications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 970-1042, December.
- David Grreasley, 2010. "Cliometrics and Time Series Econometrics: Some Theory and Applications," Working Papers in Economics 10/56, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Rodolfo E. Manuelli & Ananth Seshadri, 2003.
"Frictionless technology diffusion: the case of tractors,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Rodolfo Manuelli & Ananth Seshadri, 2003. "Frictionless Technology Diffusion: The Case of Tractors," NBER Working Papers 9604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodolfo E. Manuelli & Ananth Seshadri, 2013. "Frictionless technology diffusion: the case of tractors," Working Papers 2013-022, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jean-Philippe Cointet & Camille Roth, 2007. "How Realistic Should Knowledge Diffusion Models Be?," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 10(3), pages 1-5.
- Richard Pomfret, 2000. "State-Directed Diffusion of Technology: The Mechanization of Cotton-Farming in Soviet Central Asia," School of Economics Working Papers 2000-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Miller, Matthew Edward, 2003. "An economic perspective on Iowa farm diversification in the twentieth century," ISU General Staff Papers 2003010108000018194, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:37:y:2000:i:2:p:189-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .