Rowntree Revisited: Poverty in Britain, 1900
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Welfare Comparisons and Equivalence Scales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 216-221, May.
- Ian Gazeley, 1989. "The cost of living for urban workers in late Victorian and Edwardian Britain," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 42(2), pages 207-221, May.
- E. P. Hennock, 1987. "The measurement of urban poverty: from the metropolis to the nation, 1880–1920," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 40(2), pages 208-227, May.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-744, August.
- Hatton, T J & Boyer, G R & Bailey, R E, 1994.
"The Union Wage Effect in Late Nineteenth Century Britain,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(244), pages 435-456, November.
- Bailey, Roy E & Boyer, George & Hatton, Timothy J., 1992. "The Union Wage Effect in Late Nineteenth Century Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 712, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Colin A. Linsley & Christine L. Linsley, 1993. "Booth, Rowntree, and Llewelyn Smith: a reassessment of interwar poverty," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 46(1), pages 88-104, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ian Gazeley & Andrew Newell, 2011. "Poverty in Edwardian Britain," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(1), pages 52-71, February.
- Gazeley, Ian & Verdon, Nicola, 2014. "The first poverty line? Davies' and Eden's investigation of rural poverty in the late 18th-century England," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 94-108.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:37:y:2000:i:2:p:174-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.