The effects of variations in supply accessibility and amount on the economics of using regional forest biomass for generating district heat
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ćosić, Boris & Stanić, Zoran & Duić, Neven, 2011. "Geographic distribution of economic potential of agricultural and forest biomass residual for energy use: Case study Croatia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2017-2028.
- Rentizelas, Athanasios A. & Tolis, Athanasios J. & Tatsiopoulos, Ilias P., 2009. "Logistics issues of biomass: The storage problem and the multi-biomass supply chain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 887-894, May.
- Gan, Jianbang, 2007. "Supply of biomass, bioenergy, and carbon mitigation: Method and application," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6003-6009, December.
- Delivand, Mitra Kami & Barz, Mirko & Gheewala, Shabbir H., 2011. "Logistics cost analysis of rice straw for biomass power generation in Thailand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1435-1441.
- Viana, H. & Cohen, Warren B. & Lopes, D. & Aranha, J., 2010. "Assessment of forest biomass for use as energy. GIS-based analysis of geographical availability and locations of wood-fired power plants in Portugal," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2551-2560, August.
- van den Broek, R & Teeuwisse, S & Healion, K & Kent, T & van Wijk, A & Faaij, A & Turkenburg, W, 2001. "Potentials for electricity production from wood in Ireland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 991-1013.
- Perlack, R.D. & Turhollow, A.F., 2003. "Feedstock cost analysis of corn stover residues for further processing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 1395-1403.
- Difs, Kristina & Danestig, Maria & Trygg, Louise, 2009. "Increased use of district heating in industrial processes - Impacts on heat load duration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2327-2334, November.
- Kinoshita, Tsuguki & Inoue, Keisuke & Iwao, Koki & Kagemoto, Hiroshi & Yamagata, Yoshiki, 2009. "A spatial evaluation of forest biomass usage using GIS," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Shafie, S.M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H., 2013. "Life cycle assessment of rice straw co-firing with coal power generation in Malaysia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 284-294.
- Carolyn Gochenour, 2001. "District Energy Trends, Issues, and Opportunities : The Role of the World Bank," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13903, June.
- Chau, J. & Sowlati, T. & Sokhansanj, S. & Preto, F. & Melin, S. & Bi, X., 2009. "Techno-economic analysis of wood biomass boilers for the greenhouse industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 364-371, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lake, Andrew & Rezaie, Behanz & Beyerlein, Steven, 2017. "Review of district heating and cooling systems for a sustainable future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 417-425.
- Piwowar, Arkadiusz & Dzikuć, Maciej, 2016. "Outline of the economic and technical problems associated with the co-combustion of biomass in Poland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 415-420.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic feasibility; Forest biomass supply chain; Logistics system; District heating system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:67:y:2014:i:c:p:631-640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.