Implementation of a biomass-fired co-generation plant supplied with an ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) as a heat source for small scale heat distribution system – A comparative analysis under Polish and German conditions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Danon, Gradimir & Furtula, Mladen & Mandić, Marija, 2012. "Possibilities of implementation of CHP (combined heat and power) in the wood industry in Serbia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 169-176.
- del Río, Pablo & Bleda, Mercedes, 2012. "Comparing the innovation effects of support schemes for renewable electricity technologies: A function of innovation approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 272-282.
- Kuo, Chi-Ron & Hsu, Sung-Wei & Chang, Kai-Han & Wang, Chi-Chuan, 2011. "Analysis of a 50kW organic Rankine cycle system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5877-5885.
- Mario Ragwitz & Claus Huber & Gustav Resch, 2007. "Promotion of renewable energy sources: effects on innovation," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1/2), pages 32-56.
- Butler, Lucy & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2008.
"Comparison of feed-in tariff, quota and auction mechanisms to support wind power development,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1854-1867.
- Butler, L. & Neuhoff, K., 2005. "Comparison of Feed in Tariff, Quota and Auction Mechanisms to Support Wind Power Development," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0503, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Batlle, C. & Pérez-Arriaga, I.J. & Zambrano-Barragán, P., 2012. "Regulatory design for RES-E support mechanisms: Learning curves, market structure, and burden-sharing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 212-220.
- Zhu, Sipeng & Deng, Kangyao & Qu, Shuan, 2013. "Energy and exergy analyses of a bottoming Rankine cycle for engine exhaust heat recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 448-457.
- Badami, M. & Mura, M. & Campanile, P. & Anzioso, F., 2008. "Design and performance evaluation of an innovative small scale combined cycle cogeneration system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1264-1276.
- Abusoglu, Aysegul & Kanoglu, Mehmet, 2009. "Exergoeconomic analysis and optimization of combined heat and power production: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2295-2308, December.
- Osborne, Michael J., 2010. "A resolution to the NPV-IRR debate?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 234-239, May.
- Tchanche, Bertrand F. & Lambrinos, Gr. & Frangoudakis, A. & Papadakis, G., 2011. "Low-grade heat conversion into power using organic Rankine cycles – A review of various applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3963-3979.
- Vélez, Fredy & Segovia, José J. & Martín, M. Carmen & Antolín, Gregorio & Chejne, Farid & Quijano, Ana, 2012. "A technical, economical and market review of organic Rankine cycles for the conversion of low-grade heat for power generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4175-4189.
- Taljan, Gregor & Verbič, Gregor & Pantoš, Miloš & Sakulin, Manfred & Fickert, Lothar, 2012. "Optimal sizing of biomass-fired Organic Rankine Cycle CHP system with heat storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 29-38.
- Desai, Nishith B. & Bandyopadhyay, Santanu, 2009. "Process integration of organic Rankine cycle," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1674-1686.
- Kanoglu, Mehmet & Ayanoglu, Abdulkadir & Abusoglu, Aysegul, 2011. "Exergoeconomic assessment of a geothermal assisted high temperature steam electrolysis system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4422-4433.
- DiGenova, Kevin J. & Botros, Barbara B. & Brisson, J.G., 2013. "Method for customizing an organic Rankine cycle to a complex heat source for efficient energy conversion, demonstrated on a Fischer Tropsch plant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 746-754.
- Quoilin, Sylvain & Broek, Martijn Van Den & Declaye, Sébastien & Dewallef, Pierre & Lemort, Vincent, 2013. "Techno-economic survey of Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 168-186.
- Stoppato, Anna, 2012. "Energetic and economic investigation of the operation management of an Organic Rankine Cycle cogeneration plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-9.
- Vlysidis, Anestis & Binns, Michael & Webb, Colin & Theodoropoulos, Constantinos, 2011. "A techno-economic analysis of biodiesel biorefineries: Assessment of integrated designs for the co-production of fuels and chemicals," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4671-4683.
- Pettinau, Alberto & Ferrara, Francesca & Amorino, Carlo, 2013. "Combustion vs. gasification for a demonstration CCS (carbon capture and storage) project in Italy: A techno-economic analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 160-169.
- Liu, Bo & Rivière, Philippe & Coquelet, Christophe & Gicquel, Renaud & David, Franck, 2012. "Investigation of a two stage Rankine cycle for electric power plants," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 285-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xue, Xiaodi & Guo, Cong & Du, Xiaoze & Yang, Lijun & Yang, Yongping, 2015. "Thermodynamic analysis and optimization of a two-stage organic Rankine cycle for liquefied natural gas cryogenic exergy recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 778-787.
- Yang, Xufei & Xu, Jinliang & Miao, Zheng & Zou, Jinghuang & Yu, Chao, 2015. "Operation of an organic Rankine cycle dependent on pumping flow rates and expander torques," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 864-878.
- Piwowar, Arkadiusz & Dzikuć, Maciej, 2016. "Outline of the economic and technical problems associated with the co-combustion of biomass in Poland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 415-420.
- Alberto Benato & Alarico Macor, 2017. "Biogas Engine Waste Heat Recovery Using Organic Rankine Cycle," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, March.
- Strzalka, Rafal & Schneider, Dietrich & Eicker, Ursula, 2017. "Current status of bioenergy technologies in Germany," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 801-820.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:76-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanne Lemmens, 2016. "Cost Engineering Techniques and Their Applicability for Cost Estimation of Organic Rankine Cycle Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(7), pages 1-18, June.
- Meinel, Dominik & Wieland, Christoph & Spliethoff, Hartmut, 2014. "Economic comparison of ORC (Organic Rankine cycle) processes at different scales," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 694-706.
More about this item
KeywordsCogeneration; ORC plant; Biomass; Technical-economic analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:62:y:2013:i:c:p:132-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .