Implementation of a biomass-fired co-generation plant supplied with an ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) as a heat source for small scale heat distribution system – A comparative analysis under Polish and German conditions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Danon, Gradimir & Furtula, Mladen & Mandić, Marija, 2012. "Possibilities of implementation of CHP (combined heat and power) in the wood industry in Serbia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 169-176.
- del Río, Pablo & Bleda, Mercedes, 2012. "Comparing the innovation effects of support schemes for renewable electricity technologies: A function of innovation approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 272-282.
- Mario Ragwitz & Claus Huber & Gustav Resch, 2007. "Promotion of renewable energy sources: effects on innovation," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1/2), pages 32-56.
- Butler, Lucy & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2008.
"Comparison of feed-in tariff, quota and auction mechanisms to support wind power development,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1854-1867.
- Butler, L. & Neuhoff, K., 2005. "Comparison of Feed in Tariff, Quota and Auction Mechanisms to Support Wind Power Development," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0503, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Vélez, Fredy & Segovia, José J. & Martín, M. Carmen & Antolín, Gregorio & Chejne, Farid & Quijano, Ana, 2012. "A technical, economical and market review of organic Rankine cycles for the conversion of low-grade heat for power generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4175-4189.
- Taljan, Gregor & Verbič, Gregor & Pantoš, Miloš & Sakulin, Manfred & Fickert, Lothar, 2012. "Optimal sizing of biomass-fired Organic Rankine Cycle CHP system with heat storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 29-38.
- Desai, Nishith B. & Bandyopadhyay, Santanu, 2009. "Process integration of organic Rankine cycle," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1674-1686.
- Kanoglu, Mehmet & Ayanoglu, Abdulkadir & Abusoglu, Aysegul, 2011. "Exergoeconomic assessment of a geothermal assisted high temperature steam electrolysis system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4422-4433.
- DiGenova, Kevin J. & Botros, Barbara B. & Brisson, J.G., 2013. "Method for customizing an organic Rankine cycle to a complex heat source for efficient energy conversion, demonstrated on a Fischer Tropsch plant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 746-754.
- Stoppato, Anna, 2012. "Energetic and economic investigation of the operation management of an Organic Rankine Cycle cogeneration plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-9.
- Vlysidis, Anestis & Binns, Michael & Webb, Colin & Theodoropoulos, Constantinos, 2011. "A techno-economic analysis of biodiesel biorefineries: Assessment of integrated designs for the co-production of fuels and chemicals," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4671-4683.
- Pettinau, Alberto & Ferrara, Francesca & Amorino, Carlo, 2013. "Combustion vs. gasification for a demonstration CCS (carbon capture and storage) project in Italy: A techno-economic analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 160-169.
- Liu, Bo & Rivière, Philippe & Coquelet, Christophe & Gicquel, Renaud & David, Franck, 2012. "Investigation of a two stage Rankine cycle for electric power plants," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 285-294.
- Kuo, Chi-Ron & Hsu, Sung-Wei & Chang, Kai-Han & Wang, Chi-Chuan, 2011. "Analysis of a 50kW organic Rankine cycle system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5877-5885.
- Batlle, C. & Pérez-Arriaga, I.J. & Zambrano-Barragán, P., 2012. "Regulatory design for RES-E support mechanisms: Learning curves, market structure, and burden-sharing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 212-220.
- Zhu, Sipeng & Deng, Kangyao & Qu, Shuan, 2013. "Energy and exergy analyses of a bottoming Rankine cycle for engine exhaust heat recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 448-457.
- Badami, M. & Mura, M. & Campanile, P. & Anzioso, F., 2008. "Design and performance evaluation of an innovative small scale combined cycle cogeneration system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1264-1276.
- Abusoglu, Aysegul & Kanoglu, Mehmet, 2009. "Exergoeconomic analysis and optimization of combined heat and power production: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2295-2308, December.
- Osborne, Michael J., 2010. "A resolution to the NPV-IRR debate?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 234-239, May.
- Tchanche, Bertrand F. & Lambrinos, Gr. & Frangoudakis, A. & Papadakis, G., 2011. "Low-grade heat conversion into power using organic Rankine cycles – A review of various applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3963-3979.
- Quoilin, Sylvain & Broek, Martijn Van Den & Declaye, Sébastien & Dewallef, Pierre & Lemort, Vincent, 2013. "Techno-economic survey of Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 168-186.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:666-677 is not listed on IDEAS
- Strzalka, Rafal & Schneider, Dietrich & Eicker, Ursula, 2017. "Current status of bioenergy technologies in Germany," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 801-820.
- repec:eee:renene:v:119:y:2018:i:c:p:262-281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meinel, Dominik & Wieland, Christoph & Spliethoff, Hartmut, 2014. "Economic comparison of ORC (Organic Rankine cycle) processes at different scales," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 694-706.
- repec:eee:energy:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:601-616 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:253-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xue, Xiaodi & Guo, Cong & Du, Xiaoze & Yang, Lijun & Yang, Yongping, 2015. "Thermodynamic analysis and optimization of a two-stage organic Rankine cycle for liquefied natural gas cryogenic exergy recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 778-787.
- Yang, Xufei & Xu, Jinliang & Miao, Zheng & Zou, Jinghuang & Yu, Chao, 2015. "Operation of an organic Rankine cycle dependent on pumping flow rates and expander torques," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 864-878.
- Piwowar, Arkadiusz & Dzikuć, Maciej, 2016. "Outline of the economic and technical problems associated with the co-combustion of biomass in Poland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 415-420.
- Alberto Benato & Alarico Macor, 2017. "Biogas Engine Waste Heat Recovery Using Organic Rankine Cycle," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, March.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:76-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanne Lemmens, 2016. "Cost Engineering Techniques and Their Applicability for Cost Estimation of Organic Rankine Cycle Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(7), pages 1-18, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCogeneration; ORC plant; Biomass; Technical-economic analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:62:y:2013:i:c:p:132-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.