Energy productivity and efficiency of maize accounting for the choice of growing season and environmental factors: An empirical analysis from Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nassiri, Seyed Mehdi & Singh, Surendra, 2009. "Study on energy use efficiency for paddy crop using data envelopment analysis (DEA) technique," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1320-1325, July.
- Mousavi-Avval, Seyed Hashem & Rafiee, Shahin & Jafari, Ali & Mohammadi, Ali, 2011. "Improving energy use efficiency of canola production using data envelopment analysis (DEA) approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2765-2772.
- Heidari, M.D. & Omid, M., 2011. "Energy use patterns and econometric models of major greenhouse vegetable productions in Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 220-225.
- Pishgar-Komleh, S.H. & Sefeedpari, P. & Rafiee, S., 2011. "Energy and economic analysis of rice production under different farm levels in Guilan province of Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5824-5831.
- Hamedani, Sara Rajabi & Shabani, Zeinab & Rafiee, Shahin, 2011. "Energy inputs and crop yield relationship in potato production in Hamadan province of Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2367-2371.
- Banaeian, Narges & Zangeneh, Morteza, 2011. "Study on energy efficiency in corn production of Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5394-5402.
- Mani, Indra & Kumar, Pradeep & Panwar, J.S. & Kant, Kamal, 2007. "Variation in energy consumption in production of wheat–maize with varying altitudes in hilly regions of Himachal Pradesh, India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2336-2339.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Ghorbani, Reza & Mondani, Farzad & Amirmoradi, Shahram & Feizi, Hassan & Khorramdel, Surror & Teimouri, Mozhgan & Sanjani, Sara & Anvarkhah, Sepideh & Aghel, Hassan, 2011. "A case study of energy use and economical analysis of irrigated and dryland wheat production systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 283-288, January.
- Mousavi-Avval, Seyed Hashem & Rafiee, Shahin & Jafari, Ali & Mohammadi, Ali, 2011. "Optimization of energy consumption for soybean production using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3765-3772.
- Unakitan, G. & Hurma, H. & Yilmaz, F., 2010. "An analysis of energy use efficiency of canola production in Turkey," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3623-3627.
- Pahlavan, Reza & Omid, Mahmoud & Akram, Asadollah, 2011. "Energy use efficiency in greenhouse tomato production in Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 6714-6719.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Barmon, Basanta K., 2012. "Energy productivity and efficiency of the ‘gher’ (prawn-fish-rice) farming system in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 293-300.
- Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2002. "Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 85-101, October.
- William Greene, 2006. "A General Approach to Incorporating Selectivity in a Model," Working Papers 06-10, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanzidur Rahman & Basanta Kumar Barmon, 2018. "Total Factor Energy Productivity and Efficiency Changes of the Gher (Prawn-Carp-Rice) Farming System in Bangladesh: A Stochastic Input Distance Function Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Dong Tian & Min Zhang & Xuejian Wei & Jing Wang & Weisong Mu & Jianying Feng, 2018. "GIS-Based Energy Consumption and Spatial Variation of Protected Grape Cultivation in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-21, September.
- Zhihai Yang & Dong Wang & Tianyi Du & Anlu Zhang & Yixiao Zhou, 2018. "Total-Factor Energy Efficiency in China’s Agricultural Sector: Trends, Disparities and Potentials," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-16, April.
- Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2013. "Accounting for unobserved management in renewable energy & growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 345-355.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Kazal, Mohammad Mizanul Haque, 2015. "Whether crop diversification is energy efficient: An empirical analysis from Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 745-754.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Hasan, M. Kamrul, 2014. "Energy productivity and efficiency of wheat farming in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 107-114.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy productivity and efficiency; Season selection decision; Stochastic production frontier; Maize; Bangladesh;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:49:y:2013:i:c:p:329-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.