Product generational dematerialization indicator: A case of crude oil in the global economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Turnhout & Matthijs Hisschemueller & Herman Eijsackers, 2004. "The Role of Views of Nature in Dutch Nature Conservation: The Case of the Creation of a Drift Sand Area in the Hoge Veluwe National Park," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 13(2), pages 187-198, May.
- Lund, Henrik, 2007. "Renewable energy strategies for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 912-919.
- Roberts, Mark C., 1988. "What caused the slack demand for metals after 1974?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 231-246, December.
- Timothy J. Considine, 1991. "Economic and Technological Determinants of the Material Intensity of Use," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(1), pages 99-115.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2007. "The impact of energy consumption on economic growth: Evidence from linear and nonlinear models in Taiwan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2282-2294.
- Behrens, Arno & Giljum, Stefan & Kovanda, Jan & Niza, Samuel, 2007. "The material basis of the global economy: Worldwide patterns of natural resource extraction and their implications for sustainable resource use policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 444-453, December.
- Martin Jänicke & Manfred Binder & Harald Mönch, 1997. "‘Dirty industries’: Patterns of change in industrial countries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 9(4), pages 467-491, June.
- Sun, J. W., 2003. "Dematerialization in Finnish energy use, 1972-1996," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-32, January.
- Luzzati, T. & Orsini, M., 2009. "Investigating the energy-environmental Kuznets curve," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 291-300.
- Herring, Horace, 2006. "Energy efficiency—a critical view," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 10-20.
- de Bruyn, S. M. & Opschoor, J. B., 1997. "Developments in the throughput-income relationship: theoretical and empirical observations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 255-268, March.
- Rodrigues, João & Domingos, Tiago & Conceição, Pedro & Belbute, José, 2005.
"Constraints on dematerialisation and allocation of natural capital along a sustainable growth path,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 382-396, September.
- José Manuel Madeira Belbute & João Rodrigues & Tiago Domingos & Pedro Conceição, 2003. "Constraints on Dematerialisation and Allocation of Natural Capital along a Sustainable Growth Path," Economics Working Papers 1_2003, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Labys, Walter C. & Waddell, Lorna M., 1989. "Commodity lifecycles in US materials demand," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 238-252, September.
- Madlener, R. & Alcott, B., 2009. "Energy rebound and economic growth: A review of the main issues and research needs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 370-376.
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- Kander, Astrid, 2005. "Baumol's disease and dematerialization of the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 119-130, October.
- Ausubel, Jesse H, 1995. "Technical progress and climatic change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 411-416.
- Vringer, Kees & Blok, Kornelis, 2000. "Long-term trends in direct and indirect household energy intensities: a factor in dematerialisation?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 713-727, August.
- Ouyang, Jinlong & Long, Enshen & Hokao, Kazunori, 2010. "Rebound effect in Chinese household energy efficiency and solution for mitigating it," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5269-5276.
- Vine, E. & Rhee, C.H. & Lee, K.D., 2006. "Measurement and evaluation of energy efficiency programs: California and South Korea," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1100-1113.
- Tapio, Petri & Banister, David & Luukkanen, Jyrki & Vehmas, Jarmo & Willamo, Risto, 2007. "Energy and transport in comparison: Immaterialisation, dematerialisation and decarbonisation in the EU15 between 1970 and 2000," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 433-451, January.
- Ross, Marc & Purcell, Arthur H., 1981. "Decline of materials intensiveness : The US pulp and paper industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 235-250, December.
- Magnus Bostrom, 2003. "Environmental Organisations in New Forms of Political Participation: Ecological Modernisation and the Making of Voluntary Rules," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 12(2), pages 175-193, May.
- Moore, David J. & Tilton, John E. & Shields, Deborah J., 1996. "Economic growth and the demand for construction materials," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 197-205, September.
- Bartelmus, Peter, 2002. "Dematerialization and capital maintenance: Two sides of the sustainability coin," Wuppertal Papers 120, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jadwiga R. Ziolkowska & Bozydar Ziolkowski, 2016. "Effectiveness of Water Management in Europe in the 21st Century," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(7), pages 2261-2274, May.
- Chong, Heap-Yih & Lam, Wei-Haur, 2013. "Ocean renewable energy in Malaysia: The potential of the Straits of Malacca," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 169-178.
- Xingpeng Chen & Jiaxing Pang & Zilong Zhang & Hengji Li, 2014. "Sustainability Assessment of Solid Waste Management in China: A Decoupling and Decomposition Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-14, December.
- Bithas, K. & Kalimeris, P., 2013. "Re-estimating the decoupling effect: Is there an actual transition towards a less energy-intensive economy?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 78-84.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct generational dematerialization (PGD) indicator; Sustainable development; Sustainable management policy; Energy economy; Crude oil; World;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:36:y:2011:i:10:p:5925-5934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.