Directional liquefaction of biomass for phenolic compounds and in situ hydrodeoxygenation upgrading of phenolics using bifunctional catalysts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Yunhua & Biddy, Mary J. & Jones, Susanne B. & Elliott, Douglas C. & Schmidt, Andrew J., 2014. "Techno-economic analysis of liquid fuel production from woody biomass via hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) and upgrading," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 384-394.
- Guo, Xiujuan & Wang, Shurong & Guo, Zuogang & Liu, Qian & Luo, Zhongyang & Cen, Kefa, 2010. "Pyrolysis characteristics of bio-oil fractions separated by molecular distillation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(9), pages 2892-2898, September.
- Patel, Rajesh N. & Bandyopadhyay, Santanu & Ganesh, Anuradda, 2011. "Extraction of cardanol and phenol from bio-oils obtained through vacuum pyrolysis of biomass using supercritical fluid extraction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1535-1542.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Zhixia & Huang, Zhentao & Ding, Shilei & Li, Fuwei & Wang, Zhaohe & Lin, Hongfei & Chen, Congjin, 2018. "Catalytic conversion of waste cooking oil to fuel oil: Catalyst design and effect of solvent," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 270-277.
- Mei, Danhua & Liu, Shiyun & Wang, Sen & Zhou, Renwu & Zhou, Rusen & Fang, Zhi & Zhang, Xianhui & Cullen, Patrick J. & Ostrikov, Kostya (Ken), 2020. "Plasma-enabled liquefaction of lignocellulosic biomass: Balancing feedstock content for maximum energy yield," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 1061-1071.
- Ambursa, Murtala M. & Juan, Joon Ching & Yahaya, Y. & Taufiq-Yap, Y.H. & Lin, Yu-Chuan & Lee, Hwei Voon, 2021. "A review on catalytic hydrodeoxygenation of lignin to transportation fuels by using nickel-based catalysts," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Toscano Miranda, Nahieh & Lopes Motta, Ingrid & Maciel Filho, Rubens & Wolf Maciel, Maria Regina, 2021. "Sugarcane bagasse pyrolysis: A review of operating conditions and products properties," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 149(C).
- Zhu, Zhe & Rosendahl, Lasse & Toor, Saqib Sohail & Yu, Donghong & Chen, Guanyi, 2015. "Hydrothermal liquefaction of barley straw to bio-crude oil: Effects of reaction temperature and aqueous phase recirculation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 183-192.
- Kargbo, Hannah & Harris, Jonathan Stuart & Phan, Anh N., 2021. "“Drop-in” fuel production from biomass: Critical review on techno-economic feasibility and sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Magdeldin, Mohamed & Kohl, Thomas & Järvinen, Mika, 2017. "Techno-economic assessment of the by-products contribution from non-catalytic hydrothermal liquefaction of lignocellulose residues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 679-695.
- Zhang, Xing & Wang, Kaige & Chen, Junhao & Zhu, Lingjun & Wang, Shurong, 2020. "Mild hydrogenation of bio-oil and its derived phenolic monomers over Pt–Ni bimetal-based catalysts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 275(C).
- Kumar, R. & Strezov, V., 2021. "Thermochemical production of bio-oil: A review of downstream processing technologies for bio-oil upgrading, production of hydrogen and high value-added products," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- de Jong, Sierk & Hoefnagels, Ric & Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Pettersson, Karin & Faaij, André & Junginger, Martin, 2017. "Cost optimization of biofuel production – The impact of scale, integration, transport and supply chain configurations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 195(C), pages 1055-1070.
- Collett, James R. & Billing, Justin M. & Meyer, Pimphan A. & Schmidt, Andrew J. & Remington, A. Brook & Hawley, Erik R. & Hofstad, Beth A. & Panisko, Ellen A. & Dai, Ziyu & Hart, Todd R. & Santosa, Da, 2019. "Renewable diesel via hydrothermal liquefaction of oleaginous yeast and residual lignin from bioconversion of corn stover," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 840-853.
- Peng, Valerie & Slocum, Alexander, 2020. "Endemic Water and Storm Trash to energy via in-situ processing," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Atadashi, I.M. & Aroua, M.K. & Aziz, A.R. Abdul & Sulaiman, N.M.N., 2011. "Refining technologies for the purification of crude biodiesel," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4239-4251.
- Michał Wojcieszyk & Lotta Knuutila & Yuri Kroyan & Mário de Pinto Balsemão & Rupali Tripathi & Juha Keskivali & Anna Karvo & Annukka Santasalo-Aarnio & Otto Blomstedt & Martti Larmi, 2021. "Performance of Anisole and Isobutanol as Gasoline Bio-Blendstocks for Spark Ignition Engines," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(16), pages 1-19, August.
- Tzanetis, Konstantinos F. & Posada, John A. & Ramirez, Andrea, 2017. "Analysis of biomass hydrothermal liquefaction and biocrude-oil upgrading for renewable jet fuel production: The impact of reaction conditions on production costs and GHG emissions performance," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1388-1398.
- LiLu T. Funkenbusch & Michael E. Mullins & Lennart Vamling & Tallal Belkhieri & Nattapol Srettiwat & Olumide Winjobi & David R. Shonnard & Tony N. Rogers, 2019. "Technoeconomic assessment of hydrothermal liquefaction oil from lignin with catalytic upgrading for renewable fuel and chemical production," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), January.
- Ong, Benjamin H.Y. & Walmsley, Timothy G. & Atkins, Martin J. & Varbanov, Petar S. & Walmsley, Michael R.W., 2019. "A heat- and mass-integrated design of hydrothermal liquefaction process co-located with a Kraft pulp mill," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Wang, Haoqi & Zhang, Siduo & Bi, Xiaotao & Clift, Roland, 2020. "Greenhouse gas emission reduction potential and cost of bioenergy in British Columbia, Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- Carvalho, Lara & Lundgren, Joakim & Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Wolf, Jens & Furusjö, Erik, 2018. "Methanol production via black liquor co-gasification with expanded raw material base – Techno-economic assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 225(C), pages 570-584.
- Guzelciftci, Begum & Park, Ki-Bum & Kim, Joo-Sik, 2020. "Production of phenol-rich bio-oil via a two-stage pyrolysis of wood," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C).
- Nie, Yuhao & Bi, Xiaotao T., 2018. "Techno-economic assessment of transportation biofuels from hydrothermal liquefaction of forest residues in British Columbia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 464-475.
- Biswas, Bijoy & Arun Kumar, Aishwarya & Bisht, Yashasvi & Krishna, Bhavya B. & Kumar, Jitendra & Bhaskar, Thallada, 2021. "Role of temperatures and solvents on hydrothermal liquefaction of Azolla filiculoides," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 217(C).
- Zhang, Qing & Xu, Ying & Li, Yuping & Wang, Tiejun & Zhang, Qi & Ma, Longlong & He, Minghong & Li, Kai, 2015. "Investigation on the esterification by using supercritical ethanol for bio-oil upgrading," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 633-640.
More about this item
KeywordsDirectional liquefaction; In situ hydrodeoxygenation; Phenolic compounds; Bifunctional catalysts;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:135:y:2017:i:c:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.