Performance of Anisole and Isobutanol as Gasoline Bio-Blendstocks for Spark Ignition Engines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Yunhua & Biddy, Mary J. & Jones, Susanne B. & Elliott, Douglas C. & Schmidt, Andrew J., 2014. "Techno-economic analysis of liquid fuel production from woody biomass via hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) and upgrading," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 384-394.
- Zabed, H. & Sahu, J.N. & Boyce, A.N. & Faruq, G., 2016. "Fuel ethanol production from lignocellulosic biomass: An overview on feedstocks and technological approaches," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 751-774.
- Deng, Banglin & Fu, Jianqin & Zhang, Daming & Yang, Jing & Feng, Renhua & Liu, Jingping & Li, Ke & Liu, Xiaoqiang, 2013. "The heat release analysis of bio-butanol/gasoline blends on a high speed SI (spark ignition) engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 230-241.
- Sayin, Cenk & Balki, Mustafa Kemal, 2015. "Effect of compression ratio on the emission, performance and combustion characteristics of a gasoline engine fueled with iso-butanol/gasoline blends," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 550-555.
- Nie, Yuhao & Bi, Xiaotao T., 2018. "Techno-economic assessment of transportation biofuels from hydrothermal liquefaction of forest residues in British Columbia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 464-475.
- Trindade, Wagner Roberto da Silva & Santos, Rogério Gonçalves dos, 2017. "Review on the characteristics of butanol, its production and use as fuel in internal combustion engines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 642-651.
- LiLu T. Funkenbusch & Michael E. Mullins & Lennart Vamling & Tallal Belkhieri & Nattapol Srettiwat & Olumide Winjobi & David R. Shonnard & Tony N. Rogers, 2019. "Technoeconomic assessment of hydrothermal liquefaction oil from lignin with catalytic upgrading for renewable fuel and chemical production," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), January.
- Irimescu, Adrian, 2011. "Fuel conversion efficiency of a port injection engine fueled with gasoline–isobutanol blends," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3030-3035.
- Ashraf Elfasakhany, 2021. "State of Art of Using Biofuels in Spark Ignition Engines," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(3), pages 1-26, February.
- Daniele Castello & Thomas Helmer Pedersen & Lasse Aistrup Rosendahl, 2018. "Continuous Hydrothermal Liquefaction of Biomass: A Critical Review," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-35, November.
- Tara Larsson & Senthil Krishnan Mahendar & Anders Christiansen-Erlandsson & Ulf Olofsson, 2021. "The Effect of Pure Oxygenated Biofuels on Efficiency and Emissions in a Gasoline Optimised DISI Engine," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(13), pages 1-24, June.
- Jerome A. Ramirez & Richard J. Brown & Thomas J. Rainey, 2015. "A Review of Hydrothermal Liquefaction Bio-Crude Properties and Prospects for Upgrading to Transportation Fuels," Energies, MDPI, vol. 8(7), pages 1-30, July.
- Balki, Mustafa Kemal & Sayin, Cenk, 2014. "The effect of compression ratio on the performance, emissions and combustion of an SI (spark ignition) engine fueled with pure ethanol, methanol and unleaded gasoline," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 194-201.
- Kroyan, Yuri & Wojcieszyk, Michal & Kaario, Ossi & Larmi, Martti & Zenger, Kai, 2020. "Modeling the end-use performance of alternative fuels in light-duty vehicles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yusri, I.M. & Mamat, R. & Najafi, G. & Razman, A. & Awad, Omar I. & Azmi, W.H. & Ishak, W.F.W. & Shaiful, A.I.M., 2017. "Alcohol based automotive fuels from first four alcohol family in compression and spark ignition engine: A review on engine performance and exhaust emissions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 169-181.
- Alherbawi, Mohammad & Parthasarathy, Prakash & Al-Ansari, Tareq & Mackey, Hamish R. & McKay, Gordon, 2021. "Potential of drop-in biofuel production from camel manure by hydrothermal liquefaction and biocrude upgrading: A Qatar case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 232(C).
- Jukka Lappalainen & David Baudouin & Ursel Hornung & Julia Schuler & Kristian Melin & Saša Bjelić & Frédéric Vogel & Jukka Konttinen & Tero Joronen, 2020. "Sub- and Supercritical Water Liquefaction of Kraft Lignin and Black Liquor Derived Lignin," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(13), pages 1-45, June.
- Magdeldin, Mohamed & Kohl, Thomas & Järvinen, Mika, 2017. "Techno-economic assessment of the by-products contribution from non-catalytic hydrothermal liquefaction of lignocellulose residues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 679-695.
- Dhamodaran, Gopinath & Esakkimuthu, Ganapathy Sundaram & Pochareddy, Yashwanth Kutti & Sivasubramanian, Harish, 2017. "Investigation of n-butanol as fuel in a four-cylinder MPFI SI engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 726-735.
- Merola, Simona Silvia & Tornatore, Cinzia & Irimescu, Adrian & Marchitto, Luca & Valentino, Gerardo, 2016. "Optical diagnostics of early flame development in a DISI (direct injection spark ignition) engine fueled with n-butanol and gasoline," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 50-62.
- Wang, Haoqi & Zhang, Siduo & Bi, Xiaotao & Clift, Roland, 2020. "Greenhouse gas emission reduction potential and cost of bioenergy in British Columbia, Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- Liu, Kaimin & Fu, Jianqin & Deng, Banglin & Yang, Jing & Tang, Qijun & Liu, Jingping, 2014. "The influences of pressure and temperature on laminar flame propagations of n-butanol, iso-octane and their blends," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 703-715.
- Wang, H. & Bi, X. & Clift, R., 2021. "Utilization of forestry waste materials in British Columbia: Options and strategies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 150(C).
- Suleyman Simsek & Bulent Ozdalyan, 2018. "Improvements to the Composition of Fusel Oil and Analysis of the Effects of Fusel Oil–Gasoline Blends on a Spark-Ignited (SI) Engine’s Performance and Emissions," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-13, March.
- Li, Shuyun & Jiang, Yuan & Snowden-Swan, Lesley J. & Askander, Jalal A. & Schmidt, Andrew J. & Billing, Justin M., 2021. "Techno-economic uncertainty analysis of wet waste-to-biocrude via hydrothermal liquefaction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 283(C).
- Sennai Mesfun & Leonidas Matsakas & Ulrika Rova & Paul Christakopoulos, 2019. "Technoeconomic Assessment of Hybrid Organosolv–Steam Explosion Pretreatment of Woody Biomass," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(21), pages 1-18, November.
- Süleyman Şimşek & Hasan Saygın & Bülent Özdalyan, 2020. "Improvement of Fusel Oil Features and Effect of Its Use in Different Compression Ratios for an SI Engine on Performance and Emission," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-14, April.
- Taghipour, Alireza & Ramirez, Jerome A. & Brown, Richard J. & Rainey, Thomas J., 2019. "A review of fractional distillation to improve hydrothermal liquefaction biocrude characteristics; future outlook and prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Gong, Changming & Liu, Fenghua & Sun, Jingzhen & Wang, Kang, 2016. "Effect of compression ratio on performance and emissions of a stratified-charge DISI (direct injection spark ignition) methanol engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 166-175.
- Ong, Benjamin H.Y. & Walmsley, Timothy G. & Atkins, Martin J. & Varbanov, Petar S. & Walmsley, Michael R.W., 2019. "A heat- and mass-integrated design of hydrothermal liquefaction process co-located with a Kraft pulp mill," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Elfasakhany, Ashraf, 2017. "Investigations on performance and pollutant emissions of spark-ignition engines fueled with n-butanol–, isobutanol–, ethanol–, methanol–, and acetone–gasoline blends: A comparative study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 404-413.
- Ankit Mathanker & Snehlata Das & Deepak Pudasainee & Monir Khan & Amit Kumar & Rajender Gupta, 2021. "A Review of Hydrothermal Liquefaction of Biomass for Biofuels Production with a Special Focus on the Effect of Process Parameters, Co-Solvents, and Extraction Solvents," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(16), pages 1-60, August.
- Nikolaos Montesantos & Marco Maschietti, 2020. "Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Extraction of Lignocellulosic Bio-Oils: The Potential of Fuel Upgrading and Chemical Recovery," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-35, April.
- Edoardo Miliotti & Stefano Dell’Orco & Giulia Lotti & Andrea Maria Rizzo & Luca Rosi & David Chiaramonti, 2019. "Lignocellulosic Ethanol Biorefinery: Valorization of Lignin-Rich Stream through Hydrothermal Liquefaction," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(4), pages 1-27, February.
More about this item
Keywordsanisole; isobutanol; renewable gasoline; fuel blends; spark ignition engine performance; emissions;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:16:p:8729-:d:608615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.