The environmental and cost implications of solar energy preferences in Renewable Portfolio Standards
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johnson, Erik Paul, 2014. "The cost of carbon dioxide abatement from state renewable portfolio standards," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 332-350.
- Gaul, Chip & Carley, Sanya, 2012. "Solar set asides and renewable electricity certificates: Early lessons from North Carolina's experience with its renewable portfolio standard," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 460-469.
- Considine, Timothy & Manderson, Edward, 2014. "The role of energy conservation and natural gas prices in the costs of achieving California's renewable energy goals," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 291-301.
- Palmer, Karen & Paul, Anthony & Woerman, Matt & Steinberg, Daniel C., 2011.
"Federal policies for renewable electricity: Impacts and interactions,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3975-3991, July.
- Palmer, Karen & Paul, Anthony & Woerman, Matt, 2011. "Federal Policies for Renewable Electricity: Impacts and Interactions," Discussion Papers dp-10-53, Resources For the Future.
- Thomas P. Lyon & Haitao Yin, 2010. "Why Do States Adopt Renewable Portfolio Standards?: An Empirical Investigation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 133-158.
- Buckman, Greg, 2011. "The effectiveness of Renewable Portfolio Standard banding and carve-outs in supporting high-cost types of renewable electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4105-4114, July.
- Arbabzadeh, Maryam & Johnson, Jeremiah X. & De Kleine, Robert & Keoleian, Gregory A., 2015. "Vanadium redox flow batteries to reach greenhouse gas emissions targets in an off-grid configuration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 397-408.
- Johnson, Jeremiah X. & De Kleine, Robert & Keoleian, Gregory A., 2014. "Assessment of energy storage for transmission-constrained wind," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 377-388.
- Wiser, Ryan & Barbose, Galen & Holt, Edward, 2011. "Supporting solar power in renewables portfolio standards: Experience from the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3894-3905, July.
- Bird, Lori & Chapman, Caroline & Logan, Jeff & Sumner, Jenny & Short, Walter, 2011. "Evaluating renewable portfolio standards and carbon cap scenarios in the U.S. electric sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2573-2585, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mostafaeipour, Ali & Qolipour, Mojtaba & Mohammadi, Kasra, 2016. "Evaluation of installing photovoltaic plants using a hybrid approach for Khuzestan province, Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 60-74.
- Novacheck, Joshua & Johnson, Jeremiah X., 2017. "Diversifying wind power in real power systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 177-185.
- Sampaio, Priscila Gonçalves Vasconcelos & González, Mario Orestes Aguirre, 2017. "Photovoltaic solar energy: Conceptual framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 590-601.
- Barbose, Galen & Wiser, Ryan & Heeter, Jenny & Mai, Trieu & Bird, Lori & Bolinger, Mark & Carpenter, Alberta & Heath, Garvin & Keyser, David & Macknick, Jordan & Mills, Andrew & Millstein, Dev, 2016. "A retrospective analysis of benefits and impacts of U.S. renewable portfolio standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 645-660.
- Valdés Lucas, Javier Noel & Escribano Francés, Gonzalo & San Martín González, Enrique, 2016. "Energy security and renewable energy deployment in the EU: Liaisons Dangereuses or Virtuous Circle?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1032-1046.
- Shahsavari, Amir & Akbari, Morteza, 2018. "Potential of solar energy in developing countries for reducing energy-related emissions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 275-291.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable Portfolio Standard; Economic dispatch; Solar energy policy; Renewable energy integration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:86:y:2015:i:c:p:250-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.