The use of green waste from tourist attractions for renewable energy production: The potential and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crompton, Paul & Wu, Yanrui, 2005.
"Energy consumption in China: past trends and future directions,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 195-208, January.
- Paul Crompton & Yanrui Wu, 2004. "Energy Consumption in China: Past Trends and Future Directions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Brennan, Liam & Owende, Philip, 2010. "Biofuels from microalgae--A review of technologies for production, processing, and extractions of biofuels and co-products," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 557-577, February.
- Andress, David & Dean Nguyen, T. & Das, Sujit, 2010. "Low-carbon fuel standard--Status and analytic issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 580-591, January.
- Rogers, Jennifer C. & Simmons, Eunice A. & Convery, Ian & Weatherall, Andrew, 2012. "Social impacts of community renewable energy projects: findings from a woodfuel case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 239-247.
- Gomi, Kei & Shimada, Kouji & Matsuoka, Yuzuru, 2010. "A low-carbon scenario creation method for a local-scale economy and its application in Kyoto city," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4783-4796, September.
- Kothari, Richa & Tyagi, V.V. & Pathak, Ashish, 2010. "Waste-to-energy: A way from renewable energy sources to sustainable development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3164-3170, December.
- Peeters, Paul & Dubois, Ghislain, 2010. "Tourism travel under climate change mitigation constraints," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 447-457.
- Zeng, Xianyang & Ma, Yitai & Ma, Lirong, 2007. "Utilization of straw in biomass energy in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 976-987, June.
- Osadolor, Odia O., 2009. "Availability of grasses, weeds and leaves as energy resource," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 486-491.
- Di Giacomo, G. & Taglieri, L., 2009. "Renewable energy benefits with conversion of woody residues to pellets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 724-731.
- Gössling, Stefan, 2013. "National emissions from tourism: An overlooked policy challenge?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 433-442.
- Shi, Yan & Ge, Ying & Chang, Jie & Shao, Hongbo & Tang, Yuli, 2013. "Garden waste biomass for renewable and sustainable energy production in China: Potential, challenges and development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 432-437.
- Nizami, Abdul-Sattar & Murphy, Jerry D., 2010. "What type of digester configurations should be employed to produce biomethane from grass silage?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1558-1568, August.
- Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P. & Bounialetou, Fanouria & Gillas, Konstantinos & Profylienou, Maroulitsa & Pollaki, Antrianna & Zografakis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Tourists' attitudes for selecting accommodation with investments in renewable energy and energy saving systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1335-1342, February.
- Aguilar, Francisco X., 2009. "Investment preferences for wood-based energy initiatives in the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2292-2299, June.
- Moloney, Susie & Horne, Ralph E. & Fien, John, 2010. "Transitioning to low carbon communities--from behaviour change to systemic change: Lessons from Australia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7614-7623, December.
- Kostakis, I. & Sardianou, E., 2012. "Which factors affect the willingness of tourists to pay for renewable energy?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 169-172.
- Xu, Jiuping & Yao, Liming & Mo, Liwen, 2011. "Simulation of low-carbon tourism in world natural and cultural heritage areas: An application to Shizhong District of Leshan City in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4298-4307, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lingling Chen & Brijesh Thapa & Wei Yan, 2018. "The Relationship between Tourism, Carbon Dioxide Emissions, and Economic Growth in the Yangtze River Delta, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-20, June.
- Fátima Calderón-Vargas & David Asmat-Campos & Anselmo Carretero-Gómez, 2019. "Sustainable Tourism and Renewable Energy: Binomial for Local Development in Cocachimba, Amazonas, Peru," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-21, September.
- Navratil, J. & Picha, K. & Buchecker, M. & Martinat, S. & Svec, R. & Brezinova, M. & Knotek, J., 2019. "Visitors’ preferences of renewable energy options in “green” hotels," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 1065-1077.
- He, Qi & Jiang, Xujia & Gouldson, Andy & Sudmant, Andrew & Guan, Dabo & Colenbrander, Sarah & Xue, Tao & Zheng, Bo & Zhang, Qiang, 2016. "Climate change mitigation in Chinese megacities: A measures-based analysis of opportunities in the residential sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 769-778.
More about this item
KeywordsLow-carbon; Emissions reduction; Yangtze River Delta;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:62:y:2013:i:c:p:410-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.