Landowner attitudes toward natural gas and wind farm development in northern Pennsylvania
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Groothuis, Peter A. & Groothuis, Jana D. & Whitehead, John C., 2008.
"Green vs. green: Measuring the compensation required to site electrical generation windmills in a viewshed,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1545-1550, April.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Jana D. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2007. "Green vs. Green: Measuring the Compensation Required to Site Electrical Generation Windmills in a Viewshed," Working Papers 07-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Paltsev, Sergey & Jacoby, Henry D. & Reilly, John M. & Ejaz, Qudsia J. & Morris, Jennifer & O'Sullivan, Francis & Rausch, Sebastian & Winchester, Niven & Kragha, Oghenerume, 2011. "The future of U.S. natural gas production, use, and trade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5309-5321, September.
- Ben Hoen & Ryan Wiser & Peter Cappers & Mark Thayer & Gautam Sethi, 2011. "Wind Energy Facilities and Residential Properties: The Effect of Proximity and View on Sales Prices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 33(3), pages 279-316.
- Slattery, Michael C. & Lantz, Eric & Johnson, Becky L., 2011. "State and local economic impacts from wind energy projects: Texas case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7930-7940.
- van der Horst, Dan, 2007. "NIMBY or not? Exploring the relevance of location and the politics of voiced opinions in renewable energy siting controversies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2705-2714, May.
- Charles Warren & Carolyn Lumsden & Simone O'Dowd & Richard Birnie, 2005. "'Green On Green': Public perceptions of wind power in Scotland and Ireland," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 853-875.
- Jones, Christopher R. & Richard Eiser, J., 2010. "Understanding 'local' opposition to wind development in the UK: How big is a backyard?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3106-3117, June.
- Maarten Wolsink, 1994. "Entanglement of Interests and Motives: Assumptions behind the NIMBY-theory on Facility Siting," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 31(6), pages 851-866, June.
- Gross, Catherine, 2007. "Community perspectives of wind energy in Australia: The application of a justice and community fairness framework to increase social acceptance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2727-2736, May.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Planning of renewables schemes: Deliberative and fair decision-making on landscape issues instead of reproachful accusations of non-cooperation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2692-2704, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zirogiannis, Nikolaos & Alcorn, Jessica & Piepenburg, Jayne & Rupp, John, 2015. "I Want In On That: Community-level Policies for Unconventional Gas Development in New York," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(2), August.
- Andersson-Hudson, Jessica & Knight, William & Humphrey, Mathew & O’Hara, Sarah, 2016. "Exploring support for shale gas extraction in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 582-589.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:42:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s12197-017-9420-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Friebe, Christian A. & von Flotow, Paschen & Täube, Florian A., 2014.
"Exploring technology diffusion in emerging markets – the role of public policy for wind energy,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 217-226.
- Christian A. Friebe & Paschen von Flotow & Florian Taübe, 2014. "Exploring technology diffusion in emerging markets: The role of public policy for wind energy," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206763, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Boudet, Hilary & Clarke, Christopher & Bugden, Dylan & Maibach, Edward & Roser-Renouf, Connie & Leiserowitz, Anthony, 2014. "“Fracking” controversy and communication: Using national survey data to understand public perceptions of hydraulic fracturing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 57-67.
- Cosgrove, Brendan M. & LaFave, Daniel R. & Dissanayake, Sahan T. M. & Donihue, Michael R., 2015.
"The Economic Impact of Shale Gas Development: A Natural Experiment along the New York / Pennsylvania Border,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 20-39, August.
- Cosgrove, Brendan M. & LaFave, Daniel R. & Dissanayake, Sahan T. M. & Donihue, Michael R., 2015. "The Economic Impact of Shale Gas Development: A Natural Experiment along the New York / Pennsylvania Border," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(2), August.
- Timothy W. Kelsey & Mark D. Partridge & Nancy E. White, 2016.
"Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 191-214.
- Kelsey, Timothy & Partridge, Mark & White, Nancy, 2014. "Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues," MPRA Paper 62154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felix N. Fernando & Dennis R. Cooley, 2016. "An Oil Boom’s Effect on Quality of Life (QoL): Lessons from Western North Dakota," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 1083-1115, December.
- Clarke, Christopher E. & Bugden, Dylan & Hart, P. Sol & Stedman, Richard C. & Jacquet, Jeffrey B. & Evensen, Darrick T.N. & Boudet, Hilary S., 2016. "How geographic distance and political ideology interact to influence public perception of unconventional oil/natural gas development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 301-309.
- Lai, Po-Hsin & Lyons, Kevin D. & Gudergan, Siegfried P. & Grimstad, Sidsel, 2017. "Understanding the psychological impact of unconventional gas developments in affected communities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 492-501.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:452-459 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joshua C. Hall & Christopher Shultz & E. Frank Stephenson, 2018. "The political economy of local fracking bans," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 42(2), pages 397-408, April.
- repec:spr:jenvss:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13412-017-0435-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:72-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goldfarb, Jillian L. & Buessing, Marric & Kriner, Douglas L., 2016. "Geographic proximity to coal plants and U.S. public support for extending the Production Tax Credit," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 299-307.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:245-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Measham, Thomas & Fleming, David & Schandl, Heinz, 2015. "A Conceptual Model of the Socioeconomic Impacts of Unconventional Fossil Fuel Extraction," MPRA Paper 68523, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Nov 2015.
- Lauren Knapp & Jacob Ladenburg, 2015. "How Spatial Relationships Influence Economic Preferences for Wind Power—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-25, June.
- Naveed Paydara, Olga Schenk, Ashley Bowers, Sanya Carley, John Rupp and John D. Graham, 2016. "The Effect of Community Reinvestment Funds on Local Acceptance of Unconventional Gas Development," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:123-134 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy; Natural gas; Attitudes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:50:y:2012:i:c:p:677-688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .