Curtailment of renewable generation: Economic optimality and incentives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Skytte, Klaus, 1999. "The regulating power market on the Nordic power exchange Nord Pool: an econometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 295-308, August.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Zvingilaite, Erika, 2010. "Reducing the market impact of large shares of intermittent energy in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3403-3413, July.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2005.
"Merchant Transmission Investment,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 233-264, June.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0324, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Merchant Transmission Investment," IDEI Working Papers 263, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," NBER Working Papers 9534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0304, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Grohnheit, Poul Erik & Andersen, Frits Møller & Larsen, Helge V., 2011. "Area price and demand response in a market with 25% wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8051-8061.
- Nicolosi, Marco, 2011. "The impact of RES-E policy setting on integration effects - A detailed analysis of capacity expansion and dispatch results," MPRA Paper 31835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ropenus, Stephanie & Jacobsen, Henrik Klinge & Schröder, Sascha Thorsten, 2011. "Network regulation and support schemes – How policy interactions affect the integration of distributed generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1949-1956.
- Vandezande, Leen & Meeus, Leonardo & Belmans, Ronnie & Saguan, Marcelo & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2010. "Well-functioning balancing markets: A prerequisite for wind power integration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3146-3154, July.
- Brandstätt, Christine & Brunekreeft, Gert & Jahnke, Katy, 2011. "How to deal with negative power price spikes?--Flexible voluntary curtailment agreements for large-scale integration of wind," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3732-3740, June.
- Vincent Rious & Jean-Michel Glachant & Philippe Dessante, 2010. "Transmission Network Investment as an Anticipation Problem," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/04, European University Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaouachi, Aymen & Bompard, Ettore & Fulli, Gianluca & Masera, Marcelo & De Gennaro, Michele & Paffumi, Elena, 2016. "Assessment framework for EV and PV synergies in emerging distribution systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 719-728.
- Schill, Wolf-Peter, 2014.
"Residual Load, Renewable Surplus Generation and Storage Requirements in Germany,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 65-79.
- Schill, Wolf-Peter, 2014. "Residual load, renewable surplus generation and storage requirements in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 65-79.
- Wolf-Peter Schill, 2013. "Residual Load, Renewable Surplus Generation and Storage Requirements in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1316, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Pade, Lise Lotte & Schröder, Sascha Thorsten & Kitzing, Lena, 2014.
"Cooperation mechanisms to achieve EU renewable targets,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 345-352.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Hansen, Lise-Lotte P & Schröder, Sascha T & Kitzing, Lena, 2012. "Cooperation mechanisms to achieve EU renewable targets," MPRA Paper 41400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kubik, M.L. & Coker, P.J. & Barlow, J.F., 2015. "Increasing thermal plant flexibility in a high renewables power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 102-111.
- Su, Yufei & Kern, Jordan D. & Characklis, Gregory W., 2017. "The impact of wind power growth and hydrological uncertainty on financial losses from oversupply events in hydropower-dominated systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 172-183.
- Ehrlich, Lars G. & Klamka, Jonas & Wolf, André, 2015. "The potential of decentralized power-to-heat as a flexibility option for the german electricity system: A microeconomic perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 417-428.
- Kondziella, Hendrik & Bruckner, Thomas, 2016. "Flexibility requirements of renewable energy based electricity systems – a review of research results and methodologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 10-22.
- Erik Gawel & Alexandra Purkus & Klaas Korte & Paul Lehmann, 2013. "Förderung der Markt- und Systemintegration erneuerbarer Energien: Perspektiven einer instrumentellen Weiterentwicklung," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 82(3), pages 123-136.
- Brijs, Tom & De Vos, Kristof & De Jonghe, Cedric & Belmans, Ronnie, 2015. "Statistical analysis of negative prices in European balancing markets," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 53-60.
- Gawel, Erik & Purkus, Alexandra, 2013. "Promoting the market and system integration of renewable energies through premium schemes—A case study of the German market premium," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 599-609.
More about this item
KeywordsFluctuating generation; Renewable energy; Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:49:y:2012:i:c:p:663-675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .