A generic framework for the description and analysis of energy security in an energy system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grubb, Michael & Butler, Lucy & Twomey, Paul, 2006.
"Diversity and security in UK electricity generation: The influence of low-carbon objectives,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 4050-4062, December.
- Grubb, M. & Butler, L. & Sinden, G., 2005. "Diversity and Security in UK Electricity Generation: The Influence of Low Carbon Objectives," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0511, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Mukherjee, Ishani, 2011. "Conceptualizing and measuring energy security: A synthesized approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5343-5355.
- Hughes, Larry, 2010. "Meeting residential space heating demand with wind-generated electricity," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1765-1772.
- Jansen, Jaap C. & Seebregts, Ad J., 2010. "Long-term energy services security: What is it and how can it be measured and valued?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1654-1664, April.
- Hughes, Larry, 2010. "Eastern Canadian crude oil supply and its implications for regional energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2692-2699, June.
- Cullen, Jonathan M. & Allwood, Julian M., 2010. "The efficient use of energy: Tracing the global flow of energy from fuel to service," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 75-81, January.
- van de Vate, Joop F., 1997. "Comparison of energy sources in terms of their full energy chain emission factors of greenhouse gases," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Gnansounou, Edgard, 2008. "Assessing the energy vulnerability: Case of industrialised countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3734-3744, October.
- Vivoda, Vlado, 2010. "Evaluating energy security in the Asia-Pacific region: A novel methodological approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5258-5263, September.
- Chester, Lynne, 2010. "Conceptualising energy security and making explicit its polysemic nature," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 887-895, February.
- Hughes, Larry, 2009. "The four 'R's of energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2459-2461, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Climate change is a top issue for Canadians. What should voters look for?
by ? in Dal News on 2019-10-16 14:00:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kisel, Einari & Hamburg, Arvi & Härm, Mihkel & Leppiman, Ando & Ots, Märt, 2016. "Concept for Energy Security Matrix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 1-9.
- Narula, Kapil & Sudhakara Reddy, B. & Pachauri, Shonali, 2017. "Sustainable Energy Security for India: An assessment of energy demand sub-system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 186(P2), pages 126-139.
- Hughes, Larry & de Jong, Moniek & Wang, Xiao Qin, 2016. "A generic method for analyzing the risks to energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 895-908.
- Winzer, Christian, 2012. "Conceptualizing energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 36-48.
- Zhang, Long & Yu, Jing & Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Ren, Jingzheng, 2017. "Measuring energy security performance within China: Toward an inter-provincial prospective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 825-836.
- Augutis, Juozas & Krikštolaitis, Ričardas & Martišauskas, Linas & Pečiulytė, Sigita & Žutautaitė, Inga, 2017. "Integrated energy security assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 890-901.
- Lu, Weiwei & Su, Meirong & Zhang, Yan & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Liu, Gengyuan, 2014. "Assessment of energy security in China based on ecological network analysis: A perspective from the security of crude oil supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 406-413.
- Hughes, Larry & Ranjan, Ashish, 2013. "Event-related stresses in energy systems and their effects on energy security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 413-421.
- J. Magnier, Hamza & Jrad, Asmaa, 2019. "A minimal simplified model for assessing and devising global LNG equilibrium trade portfolios while maximizing energy security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 1221-1233.
- Narula, Kapil & Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2016. "A SES (sustainable energy security) index for developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 326-343.
- Littlefield, Scott R., 2013. "Security, independence, and sustainability: Imprecise language and the manipulation of energy policy in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 779-788.
- Hughes, Larry, 2015. "The effects of event occurrence and duration on resilience and adaptation in energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 443-454.
- Cherp, Aleh & Jewell, Jessica, 2014. "The concept of energy security: Beyond the four As," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 415-421.
- Tang, Xu & Snowden, Simon & Höök, Mikael, 2013. "Analysis of energy embodied in the international trade of UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 418-428.
- Ranjan, Ashish & Hughes, Larry, 2014. "Energy security and the diversity of energy flows in an energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 137-144.
- Hayashi, Masatsugu & Hughes, Larry, 2013. "The Fukushima nuclear accident and its effect on global energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 102-111.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S., 2018. "State-of-the-art generation expansion planning: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 563-589.
- Ang, B.W. & Choong, W.L. & Ng, T.S., 2015. "Energy security: Definitions, dimensions and indexes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1077-1093.
- Raghoo, Pravesh & Surroop, Dinesh & Wolf, Franziska & Leal Filho, Walter & Jeetah, Pratima & Delakowitz, Bernd, 2018. "Dimensions of energy security in Small Island Developing States," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 94-101.
- García-Gusano, Diego & Iribarren, Diego, 2018. "Prospective energy security scenarios in Spain: The future role of renewable power generation technologies and climate change implications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 202-209.
- Berk, Istemi & Ediger, Volkan Ş., 2018. "A historical assessment of Turkey’s natural gas import vulnerability," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 540-547.
- García-Gusano, Diego & Iribarren, Diego & Garraín, Daniel, 2017. "Prospective analysis of energy security: A practical life-cycle approach focused on renewable power generation and oriented towards policy-makers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 891-901.
- Thauan Santos & Amaro Olímpio Pereira Júnior & Emilio Lèbre La Rovere, 2017. "Evaluating Energy Policies through the Use of a Hybrid Quantitative Indicator-Based Approach: The Case of Mercosur," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-15, December.
- Kamonphorn Kanchana & Hironobu Unesaki, 2015. "Assessing Energy Security Using Indicator-Based Analysis: The Case of ASEAN Member Countries," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-47, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSystems analysis; Energy policy; Indicators and metrics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:42:y:2012:i:c:p:221-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.