Climate change and electricity consumption--Witnessing increasing or decreasing use and costs?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klessmann, Corinna & Nabe, Christian & Burges, Karsten, 2008. "Pros and cons of exposing renewables to electricity market risks--A comparison of the market integration approaches in Germany, Spain, and the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3646-3661, October.
- Russ, Peter & Criqui, Patrick, 2007. "Post-Kyoto CO2 emission reduction: The soft landing scenario analysed with POLES and other world models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 786-796, February.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Yoo, B. S., 1990.
"Seasonal integration and cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 215-238.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal Integration And Cointegration," Papers 0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration," Papers 6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Sailor, David J. & Muñoz, J.Ricardo, 1997. "Sensitivity of electricity and natural gas consumption to climate in the U.S.A.—Methodology and results for eight states," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 987-998.
- Anonymous, 2004. "UFW Contract: Muranaka Farms, Inc," United Farm Workers (UFW) Contracts 236470, University of California, Davis, Changing Face.
- Ariño, Africa & Reuer, Jeffrey J., 2004. "Alliance contractual design," IESE Research Papers D/572, IESE Business School.
- Pardo, Angel & Meneu, Vicente & Valor, Enric, 2002. "Temperature and seasonality influences on Spanish electricity load," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Matei Demetrescu & Uwe Hassler, 2007. "Effect of neglected deterministic seasonality on unit root tests," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 385-402, September.
- Han, Seungjin, 2006. "Menu theorems for bilateral contracting," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 157-178, November.
- Anonymous, 2004. "UFW Contract: Bud Antle, Inc," United Farm Workers (UFW) Contracts 236396, University of California, Davis, Changing Face.
- Peter Russ & Patrick Criqui, 2007. "Post-Kyoto CO2 emission reduction : the soft landing scenario analysed with POLES and other world models," Post-Print halshs-00078489, HAL.
- Anonymous, 2004. "UFW Contract: Pictsweet Mushroom Farms," United Farm Workers (UFW) Contracts 236481, University of California, Davis, Changing Face.
- Sailor, David J, 2001. "Relating residential and commercial sector electricity loads to climate—evaluating state level sensitivities and vulnerabilities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 645-657.
- Mirasgedis, S. & Sarafidis, Y. & Georgopoulou, E. & Lalas, D.P. & Moschovits, M. & Karagiannis, F. & Papakonstantinou, D., 2006. "Models for mid-term electricity demand forecasting incorporating weather influences," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 208-227.
- Tai-Yeong Chung & Alan Chan, 2004. "Contract Damages and Investment Dynamics," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 683, Econometric Society.
- Ruth, Matthias & Lin, Ai-Chen, 2006. "Regional energy demand and adaptations to climate change: Methodology and application to the state of Maryland, USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2820-2833, November.
- Hao Li & Wing Suen, 2004. "Self-Fulfilling Early-Contracting Rush," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(1), pages 301-324, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hirano, Y. & Fujita, T., 2012. "Evaluation of the impact of the urban heat island on residential and commercial energy consumption in Tokyo," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 371-383.
- repec:pid:journl:v:55:y:2016:i:1:p:29-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tung, Ching-Pin & Tseng, Tze-Chi & Huang, An-Lei & Liu, Tzu-Ming & Hu, Ming-Che, 2013. "Impact of climate change on Taiwanese power market determined using linear complementarity model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 432-439.
- Adom, Philip Kofi & Bekoe, William, 2012. "Conditional dynamic forecast of electrical energy consumption requirements in Ghana by 2020: A comparison of ARDL and PAM," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 367-380.
- repec:eee:energy:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:534-543 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spandagos, Constantinos & Ng, Tze Ling, 2017. "Equivalent full-load hours for assessing climate change impact on building cooling and heating energy consumption in large Asian cities," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 352-368.
- Bašta, Milan & Helman, Karel, 2013. "Scale-specific importance of weather variables for explanation of variations of electricity consumption: The case of Prague, Czech Republic," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 503-514.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- You, Siming & Neoh, Koon Gee & Tong, Yen Wah & Dai, Yanjun & Wang, Chi-Hwa, 2017. "Variation of household electricity consumption and potential impact of outdoor PM2.5 concentration: A comparison between Singapore and Shanghai," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 475-484.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:3288-3305 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silvana Mima & Patrick Criqui, 2015. "The Costs of Climate Change for the European Energy System, an Assessment with the POLES Model," Post-Print hal-01149610, HAL.
- Trotter, Ian M. & Bolkesjø, Torjus Folsland & Féres, José Gustavo & Hollanda, Lavinia, 2016. "Climate change and electricity demand in Brazil: A stochastic approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 596-604.
- Jovanović, Saša & Savić, Slobodan & Bojić, Milorad & Djordjević, Zorica & Nikolić, Danijela, 2015. "The impact of the mean daily air temperature change on electricity consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 604-609.
- Karmellos, M. & Kopidou, D. & Diakoulaki, D., 2016. "A decomposition analysis of the driving factors of CO2 (Carbon dioxide) emissions from the power sector in the European Union countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 680-692.
- Zhu, Dan & Tao, Shu & Wang, Rong & Shen, Huizhong & Huang, Ye & Shen, Guofeng & Wang, Bin & Li, Wei & Zhang, Yanyan & Chen, Han & Chen, Yuanchen & Liu, Junfeng & Li, Bengang & Wang, Xilong & Liu, Wenx, 2013. "Temporal and spatial trends of residential energy consumption and air pollutant emissions in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 17-24.
- Mulder, Machiel & Scholtens, Bert, 2013. "The impact of renewable energy on electricity prices in the Netherlands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 94-100.
- Jane Ebinger & Walter Vergara, 2011. "Climate Impacts on Energy Systems : Key Issues for Energy Sector Adaptation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2271.
- Fazeli, Reza & Davidsdottir, Brynhildur & Hallgrimsson, Jonas Hlynur, 2016. "Residential energy demand for space heating in the Nordic countries: Accounting for interfuel substitution," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1210-1226.
- Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Pereira de Lucena, André Frossard & Moreira Cesar Borba, Bruno Soares & Pupo Nogueira, Larissa Pinheiro & Fleming, Fernanda Pereira & Troccoli, Alberto & , 2012. "Energy sector vulnerability to climate change: A review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Enrica De Cian & Ian Sue Wing, 2016. "Global Energy Demand in a Warming Climate," Working Papers 2016.16, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- De Cian, Enrica & Wing, Ian Sue, 2016. "Global Energy Demand in a Warming Climate," EIA: Climate Change: Economic Impacts and Adaptation 232222, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Gouveia, João Pedro & Fortes, Patrícia & Seixas, Júlia, 2012. "Projections of energy services demand for residential buildings: Insights from a bottom-up methodology," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 430-442.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change Electricity demand Costs of climate change;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:5:p:2409-2419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.