A variance inflation factor and backward elimination based robust regression model for forecasting monthly electricity demand using climatic variables
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sailor, David J. & Muñoz, J.Ricardo, 1997. "Sensitivity of electricity and natural gas consumption to climate in the U.S.A.—Methodology and results for eight states," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 987-998.
- Andersen, F.M. & Larsen, H.V. & Gaardestrup, R.B., 2013. "Long term forecasting of hourly electricity consumption in local areas in Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 147-162.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- Kavaklioglu, Kadir, 2011. "Modeling and prediction of Turkey's electricity consumption using Support Vector Regression," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 368-375, January.
- Kankal, Murat & AkpInar, Adem & Kömürcü, Murat Ihsan & Özsahin, Talat Sükrü, 2011. "Modeling and forecasting of Turkey's energy consumption using socio-economic and demographic variables," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1927-1939, May.
- Horowitz, Shira & Mauch, Brandon & Sowell, Fallaw, 2014. "Forecasting residential air conditioning loads," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 47-55.
- Sailor, David J, 2001. "Relating residential and commercial sector electricity loads to climate—evaluating state level sensitivities and vulnerabilities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 645-657.
- Ahmed, T. & Muttaqi, K.M. & Agalgaonkar, A.P., 2012. "Climate change impacts on electricity demand in the State of New South Wales, Australia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 376-383.
- Zhu, Suling & Wang, Jianzhou & Zhao, Weigang & Wang, Jujie, 2011. "A seasonal hybrid procedure for electricity demand forecasting in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3807-3815.
- Walter, Travis & Price, Phillip N. & Sohn, Michael D., 2014. "Uncertainty estimation improves energy measurement and verification procedures," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 230-236.
- Apadula, Francesco & Bassini, Alessandra & Elli, Alberto & Scapin, Simone, 2012. "Relationships between meteorological variables and monthly electricity demand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 346-356.
- Ruth, Matthias & Lin, Ai-Chen, 2006. "Regional energy demand and adaptations to climate change: Methodology and application to the state of Maryland, USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2820-2833, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javid, Roxana J. & Nejat, Ali, 2017. "A comprehensive model of regional electric vehicle adoption and penetration," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 30-42.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:4:p:1009-:d:142316 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cheng-Wen Lee & Bing-Yi Lin, 2016. "Application of Hybrid Quantum Tabu Search with Support Vector Regression (SVR) for Load Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-16, October.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:1832-:d:118421 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:125:y:2017:i:c:p:197-210 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:123-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:776-788 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:911-919 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salari, Mahmoud & Javid, Roxana J., 2017. "Modeling household energy expenditure in the United States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 822-832.
- Salari, Mahmoud & Javid, Roxana J., 2016. "Residential energy demand in the United States: Analysis using static and dynamic approaches," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 637-649.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:200-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Capozzoli, Alfonso & Piscitelli, Marco Savino & Neri, Francesco & Grassi, Daniele & Serale, Gianluca, 2016. "A novel methodology for energy performance benchmarking of buildings by means of Linear Mixed Effect Model: The case of space and DHW heating of out-patient Healthcare Centres," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 592-607.
More about this item
KeywordsClimatic variables; Electricity demand; Electricity forecasting; Multiple regression; Multicollinearity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:140:y:2015:i:c:p:385-394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.