Assessment of the economic impact of environmental constraints on short-term hydropower plant operation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kataria, Mitesh, 2009. "Willingness to pay for environmental improvements in hydropower regulated rivers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 69-76, January.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Michael R. Moore & Frank Lupi & Edward S. Rutherford, 2006. "Environmental Constraints on Hydropower: An Ex Post Benefit-Cost Analysis of Dam Relicensing in Michigan," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(3), pages 384-403.
- I. Heinz & M. Pulido-Velazquez & J. Lund & J. Andreu, 2007. "Hydro-economic Modeling in River Basin Management: Implications and Applications for the European Water Framework Directive," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(7), pages 1103-1125, July.
- David A. Harpman, 1999. "Assessing the Short-Run Economic Cost of Environmental Constraints on Hydropower Operations at Glen Canyon Dam," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 390-401.
- Klimpt, Jean-Etienne & Rivero, Cristina & Puranen, Hannu & Koch, Frans, 2002. "Recommendations for sustainable hydroelectric development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1305-1312, November.
- Trussart, Serge & Messier, Danielle & Roquet, Vincent & Aki, Shuichi, 2002. "Hydropower projects: a review of most effective mitigation measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1251-1259, November.
- Ventosa, Mariano & Baillo, Alvaro & Ramos, Andres & Rivier, Michel, 2005. "Electricity market modeling trends," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 897-913, May.
- D. Kumar & Falguni Baliarsingh, 2003. "Folded Dynamic Programming for Optimal Operation of Multireservoir System," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 17(5), pages 337-353, October.
- Valle, A.C.M. & Aguiar, M.A.A. & Cruz, G., 2009. "The impact of water quality as an environmental constraint on operation planning of a hydro-thermal power system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 655-659.
- Lea Kosnik, 2010. "Balancing Environmental Protection and Energy Production in the Federal Hydropower Licensing Process," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Jin & Xu, Linyu & Yu, Bing & Li, Xiaojin, 2014. "Environmentally feasible potential for hydropower development regarding environmental constraints," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 552-562.
- Cebulla, F. & Fichter, T., 2017. "Merit order or unit-commitment: How does thermal power plant modeling affect storage demand in energy system models?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 117-132.
- Pérez-Díaz, J.I. & Millán, R. & García, D. & Guisández, I. & Wilhelmi, J.R., 2012. "Contribution of re-regulation reservoirs considering pumping capability to environmentally friendly hydropower operation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 144-152.
- Guisández, Ignacio & Pérez-Díaz, Juan I. & Wilhelmi, José R., 2013. "Assessment of the economic impact of environmental constraints on annual hydropower plant operation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1332-1343.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:1253-1261 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental constraints Hydropower plant operation Optimization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:12:p:7960-7970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.