The implications of an increasingly decentralised energy system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, Jim, 2008. "Adaptive intelligent power systems: Active distribution networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4346-4351, December.
- Edwards, P.P. & Kuznetsov, V.L. & David, W.I.F. & Brandon, N.P., 2008. "Hydrogen and fuel cells: Towards a sustainable energy future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4356-4362, December.
- Tavner, Peter, 2008. "Wind power as a clean-energy contributor," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4397-4400, December.
- Hinnells, Mark, 2008. "Combined heat and power in industry and buildings," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4522-4526, December.
- Bagnall, Darren M. & Boreland, Matt, 2008. "Photovoltaic technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4390-4396, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quiggin, Daniel & Cornell, Sarah & Tierney, Michael & Buswell, Richard, 2012. "A simulation and optimisation study: Towards a decentralised microgrid, using real world fluctuation data," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 549-559.
- Juntunen, Jouni K. & Hyysalo, Sampsa, 2015. "Renewable micro-generation of heat and electricity—Review on common and missing socio-technical configurations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 857-870.
- Gábor Pintér & Henrik Zsiborács & Nóra Hegedűsné Baranyai, 2022. "Aspects of Determining the Energy Storage System Size Linked to Household-Sized Power Plants in Hungary in Accordance with the Regulatory Needs of the Electric Energy System," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-19, February.
- Iacobescu, Flavius & Badescu, Viorel, 2011. "Metamorphoses of cogeneration-based district heating in Romania: A case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 269-280, January.
- Engelken, Maximilian & Römer, Benedikt & Drescher, Marcus & Welpe, Isabell M. & Picot, Arnold, 2016. "Comparing drivers, barriers, and opportunities of business models for renewable energies: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 795-809.
- Giordano, Vincenzo & Fulli, Gianluca, 2012. "A business case for Smart Grid technologies: A systemic perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 252-259.
- Müller, Matthias Otto & Stämpfli, Adrian & Dold, Ursula & Hammer, Thomas, 2011. "Energy autarky: A conceptual framework for sustainable regional development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5800-5810, October.
- John Foster & Liam Wagner, 2014. "International experience with transformations in electricity markets: A Short Literature Review," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 2-2014, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ariel Macaspac Hernandez & Yudhi Timor Bimo Prakoso, 2021. "The Learning Activation Approach—Understanding Indonesia’s Energy Transition by Teaching It," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(17), pages 1-19, August.
- Mehigan, L. & Deane, J.P. & Gallachóir, B.P.Ó. & Bertsch, V., 2018. "A review of the role of distributed generation (DG) in future electricity systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 822-836.
- Bauwens, Thomas & Schraven, Daan & Drewing, Emily & Radtke, Jörg & Holstenkamp, Lars & Gotchev, Boris & Yildiz, Özgür, 2022. "Conceptualizing community in energy systems: A systematic review of 183 definitions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 156(C).
- Laugs, Gideon A.H. & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C., 2020. "Balancing responsibilities: Effects of growth of variable renewable energy, storage, and undue grid interaction," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Matteo Troncia & Marco Galici & Mario Mureddu & Emilio Ghiani & Fabrizio Pilo, 2019. "Distributed Ledger Technologies for Peer-to-Peer Local Markets in Distribution Networks," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(17), pages 1-19, August.
- Antonelli, Marco & Martorano, Luigi, 2012. "A study on the rotary steam engine for distributed generation in small size power plants," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 642-647.
- Justyna Chodkowska-Miszczuk & Jadwiga BiegaÅ„ska & Stefania Åšroda-Murawska & ElÅ¼bieta Grzelak-Kostulska & Krzysztof Rogatka, 2016. "European Union funds in the development of renewable energy sources in Poland in the context of the cohesion policy," Energy & Environment, , vol. 27(6-7), pages 713-725, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Katla, Daria & Bartela, Łukasz & Skorek-Osikowska, Anna, 2020. "Evaluation of electricity generation subsystem of power-to-gas-to-power unit using gas expander and heat recovery steam generator," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 212(C).
- Karthikeyan Nainar & Florin Iov, 2020. "Smart Meter Measurement-Based State Estimation for Monitoring of Low-Voltage Distribution Grids," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(20), pages 1-18, October.
- Hao Xiao & Wei Pei & Zuomin Dong & Li Kong & Dan Wang, 2018. "Application and Comparison of Metaheuristic and New Metamodel Based Global Optimization Methods to the Optimal Operation of Active Distribution Networks," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Westner, Günther & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011. "Development of cogeneration in Germany: A mean-variance portfolio analysis of individual technology’s prospects in view of the new regulatory framework," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5301-5313.
- Attahiru, Yusuf Babangida & Aziz, Md. Maniruzzaman A. & Kassim, Khairul Anuar & Shahid, Shamsuddin & Wan Abu Bakar, Wan Azelee & NSashruddin, Thanwa Filza & Rahman, Farahiyah Abdul & Ahamed, Mohd Imra, 2019. "A review on green economy and development of green roads and highways using carbon neutral materials," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 600-613.
- Darius Corbier & Frédéric Gonand & Marie Bessec, 2015.
"Impacts of decentralised power generation on distribution networks: a statistical typology of European countries,"
1509, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Darius Corbier & Frédéric Gonand & Marie Bessec, 2018. "Impacts of decentralised power generation on distribution networks: a statistical typology of European countries," Post-Print hal-02181543, HAL.
- Grau, Thilo & Huo, Molin & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2012.
"Survey of photovoltaic industry and policy in Germany and China,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 20-37.
- Thilo Grau & Molin Huo & Karsten Neuhoff, 2011. "Survey of Photovoltaic Industry and Policy in Germany and China," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1132, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carolino, Cristina Guedes & Medeiros Ferreira, João Paulo, 2013. "First and second law analyses to an energetic valorization process of biogas," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 58-64.
- Samuel C. Bayham & Andrew Tong & Mandar Kathe & Liang-Shih Fan, 2016. "Chemical looping technology for energy and chemical production," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 216-241, March.
- Tsita, Katerina G. & Pilavachi, Petros A., 2012. "Evaluation of alternative fuels for the Greek road transport sector using the analytic hierarchy process," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 677-686.
- Hoppmann, Joern, 2021. "Hand in hand to Nowhereland? How the resource dependence of research institutes influences their co-evolution with industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(2).
- de Joode, J. & Jansen, J.C. & van der Welle, A.J. & Scheepers, M.J.J., 2009. "Increasing penetration of renewable and distributed electricity generation and the need for different network regulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2907-2915, August.
- Lian, Hongzhou & Hou, Zhiyao & Shang, Mengmeng & Geng, Dongling & Zhang, Yang & Lin, Jun, 2013. "Rare earth ions doped phosphors for improving efficiencies of solar cells," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 270-283.
- Hoppmann, Joern & Wu, Geng & Johnson, Jillian, 2021. "The impact of demand-pull and technology-push policies on firms’ knowledge search," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 170(C).
- Dai, Hancheng & Fujimori, Shinichiro & Silva Herran, Diego & Shiraki, Hiroto & Masui, Toshihiko & Matsuoka, Yuzuru, 2017. "The impacts on climate mitigation costs of considering curtailment and storage of variable renewable energy in a general equilibrium model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 627-637.
- Hoppmann, Joern & Anadon, Laura Diaz & Narayanamurti, Venkatesh, 2020. "Why matter matters: How technology characteristics shape the strategic framing of technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(1).
- Peters, Michael & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Wiederkehr, David & Schneider, Malte, 2011. "Shedding light on solar technologies'A techno-economic assessment and its policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6422-6439, October.
- Streimikiene, Dalia & Baležentis, Tomas, 2013. "Multi-criteria assessment of small scale CHP technologies in buildings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 183-189.
- Tanveer, Waqas Hassan & Abdelkareem, Mohammad Ali & Kolosz, Ben W. & Rezk, Hegazy & Andresen, John & Cha, Suk Won & Sayed, Enas Taha, 2021. "The role of vacuum based technologies in solid oxide fuel cell development to utilize industrial waste carbon for power production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 142(C).
- Bravi, Mirko & Parisi, Maria Laura & Tiezzi, Enzo & Basosi, Riccardo, 2011. "Life cycle assessment of a micromorph photovoltaic system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4297-4306.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralisation Microgeneration Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:12:p:4509-4513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.