Energy and associated greenhouse gas emissions from household appliances in Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lu, Wei, 2006. "Potential energy savings and environmental impact by implementing energy efficiency standard for household refrigerators in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1583-1589, September.
- Rahman Mohamed, Abdul & Lee, Keat Teong, 2006. "Energy for sustainable development in Malaysia: Energy policy and alternative energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2388-2397, October.
- Meyers, S & McMahon, J.E & McNeil, M & Liu, X, 2003. "Impacts of US federal energy efficiency standards for residential appliances," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 755-767.
- Ueno, Tsuyoshi & Sano, Fuminori & Saeki, Osamu & Tsuji, Kiichiro, 2006. "Effectiveness of an energy-consumption information system on energy savings in residential houses based on monitored data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 166-183, February.
- Almeida, Mauro Araujo & Schaeffer, Roberto & La Rovere, Emilio Lèbre, 2001. "The potential for electricity conservation and peak load reduction in the residential sector of Brazil," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 413-429.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Wier, Mette & Cohen, Claude & Hayami, Hitoshi & Pachauri, Shonali & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2006. "A comparative multivariate analysis of household energy requirements in Australia, Brazil, Denmark, India and Japan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 181-207.
- Yamtraipat, N. & Khedari, J. & Hirunlabh, J. & Kunchornrat, J., 2006. "Assessment of Thailand indoor set-point impact on energy consumption and environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 765-770, May.
- Schiellerup, P., 2002. "An examination of the effectiveness of the EU minimum standard on cold appliances: the British case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 327-332, March.
- Mahlia, T.M.I, 2002. "Emissions from electricity generation in Malaysia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 293-300.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thirugnanasambandam, M. & Hasanuzzaman, M. & Saidur, R. & Ali, M.B. & Rajakarunakaran, S. & Devaraj, D. & Rahim, N.A., 2011. "Analysis of electrical motors load factors and energy savings in an Indian cement industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4307-4314.
- Zheng, Xinye & Wei, Chu & Qin, Ping & Guo, Jin & Yu, Yihua & Song, Feng & Chen, Zhanming, 2014. "Characteristics of residential energy consumption in China: Findings from a household survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 126-135.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015.
"Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach,"
IEFE Working Papers
81, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach," SEEDS Working Papers 1415, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2015.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology Invention and Diffusion in Residential Energy Consumption. A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Working Papers 2015.104, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marin, Giovanni & Palma, Alessandro, 2016. "Technology Invention and Diffusion in Residential Energy Consumption. A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Energy: Resources and Markets 230687, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Elias, Arun Abraham, 2008. "Energy efficiency in New Zealand's residential sector: A systemic analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3278-3285, September.
- Koh, Siong Lee & Lim, Yun Seng, 2010. "Meeting energy demand in a developing economy without damaging the environment--A case study in Sabah, Malaysia, from technical, environmental and economic perspectives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4719-4728, August.
- Cabeza, Luisa F. & Urge-Vorsatz, Diana & McNeil, Michael A. & Barreneche, Camila & Serrano, Susana, 2014. "Investigating greenhouse challenge from growing trends of electricity consumption through home appliances in buildings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 188-193.
- Jing, Ong Li & Bashir, Mohammed J.K. & Kao, Jehng-Jung, 2015. "Solar radiation based benefit and cost evaluation for solar water heater expansion in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 328-335.
- Daghigh, R., 2015. "Assessing the thermal comfort and ventilation in Malaysia and the surrounding regions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 681-691.
- De Kleine, Robert D. & Keoleian, Gregory A. & Kelly, Jarod C., 2011. "Optimal replacement of residential air conditioning equipment to minimize energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and consumer cost in the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3144-3153, June.
- Shekarchian, M. & Moghavvemi, M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Mazandarani, A., 2011. "A review on the pattern of electricity generation and emission in Malaysia from 1976 to 2008," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2629-2642, August.
- O'Doherty, Joe & Lyons, Sean & Tol, Richard S.J., 2008.
"Energy-using appliances and energy-saving features: Determinants of ownership in Ireland,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(7), pages 650-662, July.
- Joe O'Doherty & Seán Lyons & Richard S. J. Tol, 2007. "Energy-Using Appliances and Energy-Saving Features: Determinants of Ownership in Ireland," Papers WP219, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Masjuki, H.H. & Mekhilef, S. & Ping, H.W. & Jamaluddin, M.F., 2009. "End-use energy analysis in the Malaysian industrial sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 153-158.
- Zhaohua Wang & Wei Liu & Jianhua Yin, 2015. "Driving forces of indirect carbon emissions from household consumption in China: an input–output decomposition analysis," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(2), pages 257-272, February.
- Psomopoulos, C.S. & Skoula, I. & Karras, C. & Chatzimpiros, A. & Chionidis, M., 2010. "Electricity savings and CO2 emissions reduction in buildings sector: How important the network losses are in the calculation?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 485-490.
- Al-Mofleh, Anwar & Taib, Soib & Mujeebu, M. Abdul & Salah, Wael, 2009. "Analysis of sectoral energy conservation in Malaysia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 733-739.
- Hosseini, Seyed Ehsan & Wahid, Mazlan Abdul & Aghili, Nasim, 2013. "The scenario of greenhouse gases reduction in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 400-409.
- Barma, M.C. & Saidur, R. & Rahman, S.M.A. & Allouhi, A. & Akash, B.A. & Sait, Sadiq M., 2017. "A review on boilers energy use, energy savings, and emissions reductions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 970-983.
- Xiaowei Ma & Mei Wang & Chuandong Li, 2019. "A Summary on Research of Household Energy Consumption: A Bibliometric Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-1, December.
- Daioglou, Vassilis & van Ruijven, Bas J. & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2012. "Model projections for household energy use in developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 601-615.
- Ruble, Isabella & Karaki, Sami, 2013. "Introducing mandatory standards for select household appliances in Lebanon: A cost-benefit analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 608-617.
- Ahmad, Salman & Tahar, Razman Mat & Muhammad-Sukki, Firdaus & Munir, Abu Bakar & Rahim, Ruzairi Abdul, 2015. "Role of feed-in tariff policy in promoting solar photovoltaic investments in Malaysia: A system dynamics approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 808-815.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:35:y:2007:i:3:p:1648-1657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.