Concentration in the European electricity industry: The internal market as solution?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William N. Evans & Ioannis N. Kessides, 1994. "Living by the "Golden Rule": Multimarket Contact in the U. S. Airline Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 341-366.
- Serralles, Roberto J., 2006. "Electric energy restructuring in the European Union: Integration, subsidiarity and the challenge of harmonization," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(16), pages 2542-2551, November.
- Anderson, James Earl, 1999. "Making Operational Sense of Mergers and Acquisitions," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(7), pages 49-59, August.
- Eikeland, Per Ove, 2007. "Downstream natural gas in Europe--High hopes dashed for upstream oil and gas companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 227-237, January.
- Barquin, Julian & Bergman, Lars & Crampes, Claude & Glachant, Jean-Michel & Green, Richard & Von Hirschhausen, Christian & Lévêque, François & Stoft, Steven, 2006. "The Acquisition of Endesa by Gas Natural: Why the Antitrust Authorities Are Right to Be Cautious," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 62-68, March.
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David, 2005.
"Electricity transmission: An overview of the current debate,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 73-93, June.
- Brunekreeft, G. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0463, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Thomas, Steve, 2003. "The Seven Brothers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 393-403, April.
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Lauber, Volkmar, 2006. "The politics and policy of energy system transformation--explaining the German diffusion of renewable energy technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 256-276, February.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1990. "Multimarket Contact and Collusive Behavior," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
- Lévêque, François, 2006. "Antitrust Enforcement in the Electricity and Gas Industries: Problems and Solutions for the EU," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 27-34, June.
- Meeus, Leonardo & Purchala, Konrad & Belmans, Ronnie, 2005. "Development of the Internal Electricity Market in Europe," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 25-35, July.
- Finon, Dominique, 2006. "Incentives to invest in liberalised electricity industries in the North and South. Differences in the need for suitable institutional arrangements," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 601-618, March.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Fristrup, Peter & Munksgaard, Jesper, 2006. "Integrated energy markets and varying degrees of liberalisation: Price links, bundled sales and CHP production exemplified by Northern European experiences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3527-3537, December.
- D. Finon, 2006. "Incentives to invest in liberalised electricity industries in the North and South. Differences in the need for suitable institutional arrangements," Post-Print hal-00716553, HAL.
- Steven Pilloff, 1999. "Multimarket Contact in Banking," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 14(2), pages 163-182, March.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2004. "Electricity Market Reform in the European Union: Review of progress towards liberalisation and integration," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0471, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bryant, Gareth, 2016. "Creating a level playing field? The concentration and centralisation of emissions in the European Union Emissions Trading System," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 308-318.
- Bigerna, Simona & Andrea Bollino, Carlo & Polinori, Paolo, 2015. "Marginal cost and congestion in the Italian electricity market: An indirect estimation approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 445-454.
- Jacopo Torriti, 2010. "Impact Assessment and the Liberalization of the EU Energy Markets: Evidence-Based Policy-Making or Policy-Based Evidence-Making?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 1065-1081, September.
- Gampert, Markus & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011.
"Pan-European management of electricity portfolios: Risks and opportunities of contract bundling,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2855-2865, May.
- Gampert, Markus & Madlener, Reinhard, 2010. "Pan-European Management of Electricity Portfolios: Risks and Opportunities of Contract Bundling," FCN Working Papers 9/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- G. Capece & Di Pillo Francesca & N. Levialdi & G. Perrotta, 2017. "Understanding How the Strategic Similarities between Energy Companies Influence the Post-mergers and Acquisitions Performances," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 78-89.
- Lindemann, Henrik, 2015. "Does Regulatory Independence Translate into a Higher Degree of Liberalization? - Evidence from EU Energy Regulators," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-545, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Daskalakis, George & Markellos, Raphael N., 2009. "Are electricity risk premia affected by emission allowance prices? Evidence from the EEX, Nord Pool and Powernext," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2594-2604, July.
- Pellini, Elisabetta, 2012. "Measuring the impact of market coupling on the Italian electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 322-333.
- Szabó, Sándor & Jäger-Waldau, Arnulf, 2008. "More competition: Threat or chance for financing renewable electricity?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1436-1447, April.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Lauber, Volkmar, 2009. "Basic concepts for designing renewable electricity support aiming at a full-scale transition by 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5732-5743, December.
- Mathias, Melissa Cristina & Szklo, Alexandre, 2007. "Lessons learned from Brazilian natural gas industry reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6478-6490, December.
- Evgenii Monastyrenko, 2016. "Cross-Border M&As and Eco-Environmental Performance of European Energy Utilities," FIW Working Paper series 169, FIW.
- Nadia Chernenko, 2013. "Market power issues in the reformed Russian electricity supply industry," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1358, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lindemann, Henrik, 2015. "Regulatory Objectives and the Intensity of Unbundling in Electricity Markets," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-544, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Knight, Eric, 2010. "The Economic Geography of European Carbon Market Trading," Working Papers 249382, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Rahimiyan, Morteza & Rajabi Mashhadi, Habib, 2010. "Evaluating the efficiency of divestiture policy in promoting competitiveness using an analytical method and agent-based computational economics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1588-1595, March.
- Verbruggen, Aviel, 2008. "Windfalls and other profits," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3249-3251, September.
- Lindemann, Henrik, 2015. "Budgetary Interests and the Degree of Unbundling in Electricity Markets - An Empirical Analysis for OECD Countries," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-543, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kishimoto, Jo & Goto, Mika & Inoue, Kotaro, 2017. "Do acquisitions by electric utility companies create value? Evidence from deregulated markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 212-224.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Lauber, Volkmar, 2012. "Assessing the performance of renewable electricity support instruments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 635-644.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel & Revuelta, Julio, 2009. "Explaining Telecoms and Electricity Internationalization in the European Union: A Political Economy Perspective," MPRA Paper 33037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:35:y:2007:i:10:p:5064-5076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.