An application of total-factor energy efficiency under the metafrontier framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li, 2010. "Total-factor energy productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change: An empirical study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3262-3270, October.
- Chang, Ming-Chung, 2016. "Applying the energy productivity index that considers maximized energy reduction on SADC (Southern Africa Development Community) members," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 313-323.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2009. "Total-factor energy productivity growth of regions in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3941-3950, October.
- Georgia Makridou, Kostas Andriosopoulos, Michael Doumpos, and Constantin Zopounidis, 2015. "A Two-stage approach for energy efficiency analysis in European Union countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2013. "Energy policymaking in Denmark: Implications for global energy security and sustainability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 829-839.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Siksnelyte, Indre & Zavadskas, Edmundas Kazimieras & Bausys, Romualdas & Streimikiene, Dalia, 2019. "Implementation of EU energy policy priorities in the Baltic Sea Region countries: Sustainability assessment based on neutrosophic MULTIMOORA method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 90-102.
- Christopher O’Donnell & D. Rao & George Battese, 2008. "Metafrontier frameworks for the study of firm-level efficiencies and technology ratios," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Seljom, Pernille & Tomasgard, Asgeir, 2017. "The impact of policy actions and future energy prices on the cost-optimal development of the energy system in Norway and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 85-102.
- Zurano-Cervelló, Patricia & Pozo, Carlos & Mateo-Sanz, Josep María & Jiménez, Laureano & Guillén-Gosálbez, Gonzalo, 2019. "Sustainability efficiency assessment of the electricity mix of the 28 EU member countries combining data envelopment analysis and optimized projections," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Jin-Peng Liu & Qian-Ru Yang & Lin He, 2017. "Total-Factor Energy Efficiency (TFEE) Evaluation on Thermal Power Industry with DEA, Malmquist and Multiple Regression Techniques," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-14, July.
- Borozan, Djula, 2018. "Technical and total factor energy efficiency of European regions: A two-stage approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 521-532.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Wang, Shih-Chuan, 2006. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3206-3217, November.
- Zhihai Yang & Dong Wang & Tianyi Du & Anlu Zhang & Yixiao Zhou, 2018. "Total-Factor Energy Efficiency in China’s Agricultural Sector: Trends, Disparities and Potentials," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-16, April.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2008. "A survey of data envelopment analysis in energy and environmental studies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 1-18, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Mardani, Abbas & Zavadskas, Edmundas Kazimieras & Streimikiene, Dalia & Jusoh, Ahmad & Khoshnoudi, Masoumeh, 2017. "A comprehensive review of data envelopment analysis (DEA) approach in energy efficiency," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1298-1322.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magdalena Ziolo & Sandra Jednak & Gordana Savić & Dragana Kragulj, 2020. "Link between Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Economic and Financial Development in OECD Countries," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(22), pages 1-28, November.
- Qu, Chenyao & Shao, Jun & Shi, Zhenkai, 2020. "Does financial agglomeration promote the increase of energy efficiency in China?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bhat, Javed Ahmad & Haider, Salman & Kamaiah, Bandi, 2018. "Interstate energy efficiency of Indian paper industry: A slack-based non-parametric approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 284-298.
- Wang, Zhaohua & Feng, Chao, 2015. "Sources of production inefficiency and productivity growth in China: A global data envelopment analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 380-389.
- Du, Huibin & Matisoff, Daniel C. & Wang, Yangyang & Liu, Xi, 2016. "Understanding drivers of energy efficiency changes in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1196-1206.
- Meng, Fanyi & Su, Bin & Thomson, Elspeth & Zhou, Dequn & Zhou, P., 2016. "Measuring China’s regional energy and carbon emission efficiency with DEA models: A survey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1-21.
- Fang-Rong Ren & Ze Tian & Yu-Ting Shen & Yung-Ho Chiu & Tai-Yu Lin, 2019. "Energy, CO 2 , and AQI Efficiency and Improvement of the Yangtze River Economic Belt," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Zhang, Bin & Lu, Danting & He, Yan & Chiu, Yung-ho, 2018. "The efficiencies of resource-saving and environment: A case study based on Chinese cities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 493-507.
- Chia-Jung Tu & Ming-Chung Chang & Chiang-Ping Chen, 2016. "Progressive Time-Weighted Dynamic Energy Efficiency, Energy Decoupling Rate, and Decarbonization: An Empirical Study on G7 and BRICS," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-17, September.
- Djula Borozan & Luka Borozan, 2018. "Analyzing total-factor energy efficiency in Croatian counties: evidence from a non-parametric approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 26(3), pages 673-694, September.
- Wang, Zhaohua & Feng, Chao, 2015. "A performance evaluation of the energy, environmental, and economic efficiency and productivity in China: An application of global data envelopment analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 617-626.
- Xiangyu Teng & Danting Lu & Yung-ho Chiu, 2019. "Emission Reduction and Energy Performance Improvement with Different Regional Treatment Intensity in China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-18, January.
- Wang, Zhaohua & Feng, Chao & Zhang, Bin, 2014. "An empirical analysis of China's energy efficiency from both static and dynamic perspectives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 322-330.
- Qin, Quande & Li, Xin & Li, Li & Zhen, Wei & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2017.
"Air emissions perspective on energy efficiency: An empirical analysis of China’s coastal areas,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 604-614.
- Quande Qin & Xin Li & Li Li & Wei Zhen & Yi-Ming Wei, 2017. "Air emissions perspective on energy efficiency: An empirical analysis of China's coastal areas," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 98, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Ke Wang & Xueying Yu, 2017.
"Industrial Energy and Environment Efficiency of Chinese Cities: An Analysis Based on Range-Adjusted Measure,"
International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(04), pages 1023-1042, July.
- Ke Wang & Xueying Yu, 2014. "Industrial energy and environment efficiency of Chinese cities: an analysis based on range-adjusted measure," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 65, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Alizadeh, Reza & Gharizadeh Beiragh, Ramin & Soltanisehat, Leili & Soltanzadeh, Elham & Lund, Peter D., 2020. "Performance evaluation of complex electricity generation systems: A dynamic network-based data envelopment analysis approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "The improvement gap in energy intensity: Analysis of China's thirty provincial regions using the improved DEA (data envelopment analysis) model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 589-599.
- Ding, Li-Li & Lei, Liang & Zhao, Xin & Calin, Adrian Cantemir, 2020. "Modelling energy and carbon emission performance: A constrained performance index measure," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
- Chang, Ming-Chung, 2013. "A comment on the calculation of the total-factor energy efficiency (TFEE) index," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 500-504.
- Abbas Mardani & Dalia Streimikiene & Tomas Balezentis & Muhamad Zameri Mat Saman & Khalil Md Nor & Seyed Meysam Khoshnava, 2018. "Data Envelopment Analysis in Energy and Environmental Economics: An Overview of the State-of-the-Art and Recent Development Trends," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-21, August.
- Chiu, Yung-Ho & Lee, Jen-Hui & Lu, Ching-Cheng & Shyu, Ming-Kuang & Luo, Zhengying, 2012. "The technology gap and efficiency measure in WEC countries: Application of the hybrid meta frontier model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 349-357.
- Li, Lan-Bing & Hu, Jin-Li, 2012. "Ecological total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 216-224.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal-factor energy efficiency; Data envelopment analysis; Metafrontier analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:142:y:2020:i:c:s0301421520302433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.