Corporate governance in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Shinhua, 2007. "International cross-listing and stock pricing efficiency: An empirical study," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 251-263, December.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2004.
"Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 537-600, April.
- Dyck, Alexander & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 3177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," NBER Working Papers 8711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2007. "Investor Protection and Corporate Governance : Firm-Level Evidence Across Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6769.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Sílvia Mourthé Valadares & Ricardo Pereira Câmara Leal, 2000. "Ownership And Control Structure Of Brazilian Companies," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 3(1), pages 29-56.
- Patel, Sandeep A. & Balic, Amra & Bwakira, Liliane, 2002. "Measuring transparency and disclosure at firm-level in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 325-337, December.
- Black, Bernard S. & Love, Inessa & Rachinsky, Andrei, 2006. "Corporate governance indices and firms' market values: Time series evidence from Russia," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 361-379, December.
- S. Narayan, 2009. "India," Chapters,in: The Political Economy of Trade Reform in Emerging Markets, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Nielsen, Kasper Meisner & Nielsen, Thomas Vester, 2008. "Private Contracting and Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Provision of Tag-Along Rights in an Emerging Market," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-2, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Black, Bernard & de Carvalho, Antonio Gledson & Khanna, Vikramaditya & Kim, Woochan & Yurtoglu, Burcin, 2014.
"Methods for multicountry studies of corporate governance: Evidence from the BRIKT countries,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 230-240.
- Black, Bernard & De Carvalho, Antonio Gledson & Khanna, Vikramaditya & Kim, Woochan & Yurtoglu, Burcin, 2014. "Methods for Multicountry Studies of Coporate Governance: Evidence from the BRIKT Countries," MPRA Paper 56460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Pereira da Silva, Luiz A., 2014.
"Macroprudential regulation and the monetary transmission mechanism,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 44-63.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2011. "Macroprudential Regulation and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Working Papers Series 254, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2013. "Macroprudential Regulation and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 185, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Malhotra, Shavin & Zhu, PengCheng, 2011. "Emerging country cross-border acquisitions: Characteristics, acquirer returns and cross-sectional determinants," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 250-271, September.
- Dutt, Tanuj & Humphery-Jenner, Mark, 2013. "Stock return volatility, operating performance and stock returns: International evidence on drivers of the ‘low volatility’ anomaly," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 999-1017.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María-Andrea, 2012.
"Family firms and financial performance: The cost of growing,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 626-649.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María Andréa, 2011. "Family Firms and Financial Performance: The Cost of Growing," Galeras. Working Papers Series 032, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Balasubramanian, N. & Black, Bernard S. & Khanna, Vikramaditya, 2010. "The relation between firm-level corporate governance and market value: A case study of India," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 319-340, December.
- Ortas, Eduardo & Moneva, José M. & Salvador, Manuel, 2012. "Does socially responsible investment equity indexes in emerging markets pay off? Evidence from Brazil," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 581-597.
- Iatridis, George Emmanuel, 2012. "Audit quality in common-law and code-law emerging markets: Evidence on earnings conservatism, agency costs and cost of equity," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-117.
- Black, Bernard S. & de Carvalho, Antonio Gledson & Sampaio, Joelson Oliveira, 2014. "The evolution of corporate governance in Brazil," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 176-195.
- Black, Bernard S. & de Carvalho, Antonio Gledson & Gorga, Érica, 2012. "What matters and for which firms for corporate governance in emerging markets? Evidence from Brazil (and other BRIK countries)," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 934-952.
- Garay, Urbi & González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Trujillo, María Andrea, 2013. "Internet-based corporate disclosure and market value: Evidence from Latin America," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 150-168.
More about this item
KeywordsBrazil Corporate governance Boards of directors Minority shareholders;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:11:y:2010:i:1:p:21-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.