Robust portfolio selection problem under temperature uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Musshoff & Norbert Hirschauer & Martin Odening, 2008. "Portfolio effects and the willingness to pay for weather insurances," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 83-97, May.
- Fred Espen Benth & Jurate Saltyte-Benth, 2005. "Stochastic Modelling of Temperature Variations with a View Towards Weather Derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 53-85.
- Dorje Brody & Joanna Syroka & Mihail Zervos, 2002. "Dynamical pricing of weather derivatives," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 189-198.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Wimmer, Maximilian, 2010. "The pricing of temperature futures at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1360-1370, June.
- Fred ESPEN Benth & Jurate saltyte Benth, 2007. "The volatility of temperature and pricing of weather derivatives," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(5), pages 553-561.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Mulong Wang & Chuanhou Yang & Hong Zou, 2006. "Portfolio Effects and Valuation of Weather Derivatives," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 55-76, February.
- Calum G. Turvey, 2001. "Weather Derivatives for Specific Event Risks in Agriculture," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 333-351.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:1:p:62-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Barth & Fred Espen Benth & Jurgen Potthoff, 2011. "Hedging of Spatial Temperature Risk with Market-Traded Futures," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 93-117.
- Svec, J. & Stevenson, M., 2007. "Modelling and forecasting temperature based weather derivatives," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 185-204.
- Frank Schiller & Gerold Seidler & Maximilian Wimmer, 2012. "Temperature models for pricing weather derivatives," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 489-500, March.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Mulong Wang & Chuanhou Yang, 2005. "Weather Derivatives and Weather Risk Management," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 8(1), pages 127-140, March.
- Woodard, Joshua D. & Garcia, Philip, 2008. "Weather Derivatives, Spatial Aggregation, and Systemic Risk: Implications for Reinsurance Hedging," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-18, April.
- Karthik Natarajan & Dessislava Pachamanova & Melvyn Sim, 2008. "Incorporating Asymmetric Distributional Information in Robust Value-at-Risk Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(3), pages 573-585, March.
- Helene Hamisultane, 2010. "Utility-based pricing of weather derivatives," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 503-525.
- Soyster, A.L. & Murphy, F.H., 2013. "A unifying framework for duality and modeling in robust linear programs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 984-997.
- Šaltytė Benth, Jūratė & Benth, Fred Espen, 2012. "A critical view on temperature modelling for application in weather derivatives markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 592-602.
- Melanie Cao & Jason Wei, 2004. "Weather derivatives valuation and market price of weather risk," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(11), pages 1065-1089, November.
- Bertrand, Jean-Louis & Brusset, Xavier & Fortin, Maxime, 2015. "Assessing and hedging the cost of unseasonal weather: Case of the apparel sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(1), pages 261-276.
- Elias, R.S. & Wahab, M.I.M. & Fang, L., 2014. "A comparison of regime-switching temperature modeling approaches for applications in weather derivatives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 549-560.
- Peter Alaton & Boualem Djehiche & David Stillberger, 2002. "On modelling and pricing weather derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20.
More about this item
KeywordsRobust investment decisions; Temperature uncertainty; Asset allocation; Weather derivatives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:256:y:2017:i:2:p:500-523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.