The volatility of temperature and pricing of weather derivatives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schweizer, Martin, 1991. "Option hedging for semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 339-363, April.
- Föllmer, Hans & Wu, Ching-Tang & Yor, Marc, 1999. "Canonical decomposition of linear transformations of two independent Brownian motions motivated by models of insider trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 137-164, November.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 2001. "A Comparison of Two Quadratic Approaches to Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 385-413.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Rüdiger Frey, 2000. "Risk Minimization with Incomplete Information in a Model for High-Frequency Data," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 215-225.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lunina, Veronika, 2016. "Joint Modelling of Power Price, Temperature, and Hydrological Balance with a View towards Scenario Analysis," Working Papers 2016:30, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Wei Yuan & Ahmet Göncü & Giray Ökten, 2015. "Estimating sensitivities of temperature-based weather derivatives," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(19), pages 1942-1955, April.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Preś, Juliusz & Torro, Hipolit, 2012.
"Model based Monte Carlo pricing of energy and temperature Quanto options,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1700-1712.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Pres, Juliusz & Torro, Hipolit, 2010. "Model based Monte Carlo pricing of energy and temperature quanto options," MPRA Paper 25538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Juliusz Pres' & Hipolit Torro, 2010. "Model Based Monte Carlo Pricing of Energy and Temperature Quanto Options," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0123, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Markus Hess, 2016. "Modeling And Pricing Precipitation Derivatives Under Weather Forecasts," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(07), pages 1-29, November.
- Šaltytė Benth, Jūratė & Benth, Fred Espen, 2012. "A critical view on temperature modelling for application in weather derivatives markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 592-602.
- Ahmet Göncü, 2013. "Comparison of temperature models using heating and cooling degree days futures," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(2), pages 159-178, February.
- Andrea Barth & Fred Espen Benth & Jurgen Potthoff, 2011. "Hedging of Spatial Temperature Risk with Market-Traded Futures," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 93-117.
- Martínez, Beatriz & Torró, Hipòlit, 2015.
"European natural gas seasonal effects on futures hedging,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 154-168.
- Beatriz Martínez & Hipòlit Torró, 2015. "European Natural Gas Seasonal Effects on Futures Hedging," Working Papers 2015.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- A. Alexandridis & A. Zapranis, 2013. "Wind Derivatives: Modeling and Pricing," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(3), pages 299-326, March.
- Dupuis, Debbie J., 2011. "Forecasting temperature to price CME temperature derivatives," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 602-618, April.
- Joanna Janczura, 2014. "Pricing electricity derivatives within a Markov regime-switching model: a risk premium approach," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 79(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Wimmer, Maximilian, 2010. "The pricing of temperature futures at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1360-1370, June.
- Elias, R.S. & Wahab, M.I.M. & Fang, L., 2014. "A comparison of regime-switching temperature modeling approaches for applications in weather derivatives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 549-560.
- Wong, Hoi Ying & Lo, Yu Wai, 2009. "Option pricing with mean reversion and stochastic volatility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 179-187, August.
- Dupuis, Debbie J., 2011. "Forecasting temperature to price CME temperature derivatives," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 602-618.
- Alexandridis, Antonis K. & Kampouridis, Michael & Cramer, Sam, 2017. "A comparison of wavelet networks and genetic programming in the context of temperature derivatives," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 21-47.
- Gülpınar, Nalân & Çanakoḡlu, Ethem, 2017. "Robust portfolio selection problem under temperature uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 500-523.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:220-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:5:p:676-683 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:compst:v:79:y:2014:i:1:p:1-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benth, Fred Espen & Saltyte Benth, Jurate, 2009. "Dynamic pricing of wind futures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 16-24, January.
- Joanna Janczura, 2012. "Pricing electricity derivatives within a Markov regime-switching model," Papers 1203.5442, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsWeather derivatives; Temperature dynamics; Stochastic processes; Mean-reversion; Seasonality; Heating degree-day futures; Options on temperature;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:7:y:2007:i:5:p:553-561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .