Core-based cost allocation in the cooperative traveling salesman problem
This paper presents a cost allocation scheme for a horizontal cooperation of traveling salesmen that is implemented a priori and provides expected costs for the coalition members. The cost allocation is determined using the core concept. To compute the value of the characteristic function over the whole planning horizon the TSP with release dates combined with simulation is used. The developed core computation algorithm, based on mathematical programming techniques, provides a core element or, in case of an empty core, a least-core element. To decrease the computational effort of core computation a row generation procedure is implemented. The developed computation study tests the computational performance of the solution procedure.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 248 (2016)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Audy, Jean-François & D’Amours, Sophie & Rönnqvist, Mikael, 2012. "An empirical study on coalition formation and cost/savings allocation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 13-27.
- Frisk, M. & Göthe-Lundgren, M. & Jörnsten, K. & Rönnqvist, M., 2010.
"Cost allocation in collaborative forest transportation,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 205(2), pages 448-458, September.
- Frisk, Mikael & Göthe-Lundgren, Maud & Jörnsten, Kurt & Rönnqvist, Mikael, 2006. "Cost allocation in collaborative forest transportation," Discussion Papers 2006/15, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Cruijssen, Frans & Cools, Martine & Dullaert, Wout, 2007. "Horizontal cooperation in logistics: Opportunities and impediments," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 129-142, March.
- Guajardo, Mario & Rönnqvist, Mikael, 2015. "Operations research models for coalition structure in collaborative logistics," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 147-159.
- Wang, Xin & Kopfer, Herbert & Gendreau, Michel, 2014. "Operational transportation planning of freight forwarding companies in horizontal coalitions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1133-1141.
- Cruijssen, Frans & Borm, Peter & Fleuren, Hein & Hamers, Herbert, 2010. "Supplier-initiated outsourcing: A methodology to exploit synergy in transportation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 763-774, December.
- Lozano, S. & Moreno, P. & Adenso-Díaz, B. & Algaba, E., 2013. "Cooperative game theory approach to allocating benefits of horizontal cooperation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 444-452.
- Berger, Susanne & Bierwirth, Christian, 2010. "Solutions to the request reassignment problem in collaborative carrier networks," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 627-638, September.
- Potters, J.A.M. & Curiel, I. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "Traveling salesman games," Other publications TiSEM 0dd4cf3d-25fa-4179-80f6-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Drechsel, J. & Kimms, A., 2010. "Computing core allocations in cooperative games with an application to cooperative procurement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 310-321, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:248:y:2016:i:3:p:910-916. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.