A semi-parametric approach for estimating critical fractiles under autocorrelated demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, James W., 2007. "Forecasting daily supermarket sales using exponentially weighted quantile regression," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 154-167, April.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Hau L. Lee & Kut C. So & Christopher S. Tang, 2000. "The Value of Information Sharing in a Two-Level Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 626-643, May.
- Stephen C. Graves, 1999. "A Single-Item Inventory Model for a Nonstationary Demand Process," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 50-61.
- Vishal Gaur & Avi Giloni & Sridhar Seshadri, 2005. "Information Sharing in a Supply Chain Under ARMA Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(6), pages 961-969, June.
- Nesim Erkip & Warren H. Hausman & Steven Nahmias, 1990. "Optimal Centralized Ordering Policies in Multi-Echelon Inventory Systems with Correlated Demands," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 381-392, March.
- G. D. Johnson & H. E. Thompson, 1975. "Optimality of Myopic Inventory Policies for Certain Dependent Demand Processes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(11), pages 1303-1307, July.
- Phillips, Peter C. B., 1979. "The sampling distribution of forecasts from a first-order autoregression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 241-261, February.
- Yossi Aviv, 2002. "Gaining Benefits from Joint Forecasting and Replenishment Processes: The Case of Auto-Correlated Demand," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 55-74, December.
- Frank Chen & Zvi Drezner & Jennifer K. Ryan & David Simchi-Levi, 2000. "Quantifying the Bullwhip Effect in a Simple Supply Chain: The Impact of Forecasting, Lead Times, and Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 436-443, March.
- Goodwin, P., 1996. "Statistical correction of judgmental point forecasts and decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 551-559, October.
- Stephen C. Graves, 1999. "Addendum to "A Single-Item Inventory Model for a Nonstationary Demand Process"," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(2), pages 174-174.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Yun Shin, 2014. "Management of a periodic-review inventory system using Bayesian model averaging when new marketing efforts are made," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 278-289.
- Trapero, Juan R. & Cardós, Manuel & Kourentzes, Nikolaos, 2019. "Empirical safety stock estimation based on kernel and GARCH models," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 199-211.
- Trapero, Juan R. & Cardós, Manuel & Kourentzes, Nikolaos, 2019. "Quantile forecast optimal combination to enhance safety stock estimation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 239-250.
- Hedenstierna, Carl Philip T. & Disney, Stephen M., 2016. "Inventory performance under staggered deliveries and autocorrelated demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(3), pages 1082-1091.
More about this item
KeywordsForecasting; Newsvendor model; Autocorrelated demand; Model misspecification; Forecast bias; Retail operations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:234:y:2014:i:1:p:163-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.