Single machine scheduling and due date assignment with positionally dependent processing times
We consider single machine scheduling and due date assignment problems in which the processing time of a job depends on its position in a processing sequence. The objective functions include the cost of changing the due dates, the total cost of discarded jobs that cannot be completed by their due dates and, possibly, the total earliness of the scheduled jobs. We present polynomial-time dynamic programming algorithms in the case of two popular due date assignment methods: CON and SLK. The considered problems are related to mathematical models of cooperation between the manufacturer and the customer in supply chain scheduling.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kuo, Wen-Hung & Yang, Dar-Li, 2006. "Minimizing the total completion time in a single-machine scheduling problem with a time-dependent learning effect," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1184-1190, October.
- Dvir Shabtay & George Steiner, 2007. "Optimal Due Date Assignment and Resource Allocation to Minimize the Weighted Number of Tardy Jobs on a Single Machine," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 332-350, March.
- Biskup, Dirk, 1999. "Single-machine scheduling with learning considerations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 173-178, May.
- Cheng, T. C. E. & Ding, Q. & Lin, B. M. T., 2004. "A concise survey of scheduling with time-dependent processing times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Mosheiov, Gur, 2001. "Scheduling problems with a learning effect," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(3), pages 687-693, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:198:y:2009:i:1:p:57-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.