The impact of preprocessing on data mining: An evaluation of classifier sensitivity in direct marketing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- YongSeog Kim & W. Nick Street & Gary J. Russell & Filippo Menczer, 2005. "Customer Targeting: A Neural Network Approach Guided by Genetic Algorithms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 264-276, February.
- Patricia M. West & Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden, 1997. "A Comparative Analysis of Neural Networks and Statistical Methods for Predicting Consumer Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(4), pages 370-391.
- Piramuthu, Selwyn, 2004. "Evaluating feature selection methods for learning in data mining applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 483-494, July.
- Li, Baibing & Martin, Elaine B. & Morris, A. Julian, 2002. "On principal component analysis in L1," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 471-474, September.
- Baesens, Bart & Viaene, Stijn & Van den Poel, Dirk & Vanthienen, Jan & Dedene, Guido, 2002. "Bayesian neural network learning for repeat purchase modelling in direct marketing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 191-211, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K. W. De Bock & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "Reconciling Performance and Interpretability in Customer Churn Prediction using Ensemble Learning based on Generalized Additive Models," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/805, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Meisel, Stephan & Mattfeld, Dirk, 2010. "Synergies of Operations Research and Data Mining," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(1), pages 1-10, October.
- Coussement, Kristof & Buckinx, Wouter, 2011. "A probability-mapping algorithm for calibrating the posterior probabilities: A direct marketing application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(3), pages 732-738, November.
- Coussement, Kristof & Van den Bossche, Filip A.M. & De Bock, Koen W., 2014.
"Data accuracy's impact on segmentation performance: Benchmarking RFM analysis, logistic regression, and decision trees,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2751-2758.
- K. Coussement & F.A.M. Van den Bossche & K.W. De Bock, 2012. "Data Accuracy's Impact on Segmentation Performance: Benchmarking RFM Analysis, Logistic Regression, and Decision Trees," Post-Print hal-00788060, HAL.
- Chen, Zhen-Yu & Fan, Zhi-Ping & Sun, Minghe, 2012. "A hierarchical multiple kernel support vector machine for customer churn prediction using longitudinal behavioral data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 461-472.
- Fan, Zhi-Ping & Sun, Minghe, 2015. "Behavior-aware user response modeling in social media: Learning from diverse heterogeneous dataAuthor-Name: Chen, Zhen-Yu," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(2), pages 422-434.
- Lessmann, Stefan & Baesens, Bart & Seow, Hsin-Vonn & Thomas, Lyn C., 2015. "Benchmarking state-of-the-art classification algorithms for credit scoring: An update of research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(1), pages 124-136.
- Lessmann, Stefan & Voß, Stefan, 2009. "A reference model for customer-centric data mining with support vector machines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 520-530, December.
- Coussement, Kristof & De Bock, Koen W., 2013.
"Customer churn prediction in the online gambling industry: The beneficial effect of ensemble learning,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1629-1636.
- K. Coussement & K.W. De Bock, 2013. "Customer Churn Prediction in the Online Gambling Industry: The Beneficial Effect of Ensemble Learning," Post-Print hal-00788063, HAL.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:59:y:2008:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602597 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bose, Indranil & Chen, Xi, 2009. "Quantitative models for direct marketing: A review from systems perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 1-16, May.
- Crone, Sven F. & Finlay, Steven, 2012. "Instance sampling in credit scoring: An empirical study of sample size and balancing," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 224-238.
- repec:pal:jmarka:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1057_s41270-017-0013-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Olson & Qing Cao & Ching Gu & Donhee Lee, 2009. "Comparison of customer response models," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 3(2), pages 117-130, June.
- Brandner, Hubertus & Lessmann, Stefan & Voß, Stefan, 2013. "A memetic approach to construct transductive discrete support vector machines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 581-595.
- Stefan Lessmann & Stefan Voß, 2010. "Customer-Centric Decision Support," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 2(2), pages 79-93, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:173:y:2006:i:3:p:781-800. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.