Competitive effects on teaching hospitals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rogowski, Jeannette A. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 1992. "Estimating the indirect costs of teaching," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 153-171, August.
- Shepherd, William G, 1982. "Causes of Increased Competition in the U.S. Economy, 1939-1980," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 613-626, November.
- Hosek, James R. & Palmer, Adele R., 1983. "Teaching and hospital costs : The case of radiology," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Nicola, Arianna & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo, 2011. "A two-stage DEA model to evaluate the efficiency of the Italian health system," MPRA Paper 39126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cheng, Gang & Zervopoulos, Panagiotis D., 2014. "Estimating the technical efficiency of health care systems: A cross-country comparison using the directional distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 899-910.
- Mustafa Jahangoshai Rezaee & Abuzar Karimdadi & Hamidreza Izadbakhsh, 2019. "Road map for progress and attractiveness of Iranian hospitals by integrating self-organizing map and context-dependent DEA," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 410-436, September.
- De Nicola, Arianna & Mancuso, Paolo & Valdmanis, Vivian, 2013. "Quality and health care performance in the Italian regions," MPRA Paper 50495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabienne Miller & Justin Wang & Joe Zhu & Ya Chen & Jason Hockenberry, 2017. "Investigation of the Impact of the Massachusetts Health Care Reform on Hospital Costs and Quality of Care," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 250(1), pages 129-146, March.
- Chowdhury, Hedayet & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2016. "Performance of hospital services in Ontario: DEA with truncated regression approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 111-122.
- Cláudia Araújo & Carlos Barros & Peter Wanke, 2014. "Efficiency determinants and capacity issues in Brazilian for-profit hospitals," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 126-138, June.
- Maria Castro Lobo & Yasar Ozcan & Angela Silva & Marcos Lins & Roberto Fiszman, 2010. "Financing reform and productivity change in Brazilian teaching hospitals: Malmquist approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 18(2), pages 141-152, June.
- Ananda, Jayanath & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo, 2013. "Ownership, Productivity Change in the Australian Urban Water Sector: a Bootstrap Malmquist indices approach," MPRA Paper 50384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nurhafiza Md Hamzah & Kok Fong See, 2019. "Technical efficiency and its influencing factors in Malaysian hospital pharmacy services," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 462-474, September.
- Pedro Simões & Rui Marques, 2011.
"Performance and congestion analysis of the portuguese hospital services,"
Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 19(1), pages 39-63, March.
- Simões, Pedro & Cunha Marques, Rui, 2009. "Performance and Congestion Analysis of the Portuguese Hospital Services," MPRA Paper 16940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Özgen, Hacer & Sahin, Ismet, 2010. "Measurement of efficiency of the dialysis sector in Turkey using data envelopment analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(2-3), pages 185-193, May.
- Yongjun Li & Xiyang Lei & Alec Morton, 2019. "Performance evaluation of nonhomogeneous hospitals: the case of Hong Kong hospitals," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 215-228, June.
- Chiao‐Lee Chu & Tung‐liang Chiang & Ray‐E Chang, 2011. "Hospital competition and inpatient services efficiency in Taiwan: a longitudinal study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(10), pages 1268-1280, October.
- Giménez, Víctor & Prieto, William & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2019. "Evaluation of efficiency in Colombian hospitals: An analysis for the post-reform period," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 20-35.
- Emma Medin & Kjartan Anthun & Unto Häkkinen & Sverre Kittelsen & Miika Linna & Jon Magnussen & Kim Olsen & Clas Rehnberg, 2011. "Cost efficiency of university hospitals in the Nordic countries: a cross-country analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 509-519, December.
- Yasar Ozcan & Marcos Lins & Maria Lobo & Angela da Silva & Roberto Fiszman & Basilio Pereira, 2010. "Evaluating the performance of Brazilian university hospitals," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 178(1), pages 247-261, July.
- Juan Du & Justin Wang & Yao Chen & Shin-Yi Chou & Joe Zhu, 2014. "Incorporating health outcomes in Pennsylvania hospital efficiency: an additive super-efficiency DEA approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 221(1), pages 161-172, October.
- O'Neill, Liam & Rauner, Marion & Heidenberger, Kurt & Kraus, Markus, 2008. "A cross-national comparison and taxonomy of DEA-based hospital efficiency studies," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 158-189, September.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128, October.
- Ya Chen & Justin Wang & Joe Zhu & H. David Sherman & Shin-Yi Chou, 2019. "How the Great Recession affects performance: a case of Pennsylvania hospitals using DEA," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 278(1), pages 77-99, July.
- Jeong Hoon Choi & Imsu Park & Ilyoung Jung & Asoke Dey, 2017. "Complementary effect of patient volume and quality of care on hospital cost efficiency," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 221-231, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:154:y:2004:i:2:p:515-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.