Handling missing prices in a thinly traded stock market: implications for the specification of event study methods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Maynes, Elizabeth & Rumsey, John, 1993. "Conducting event studies with thinly traded stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 145-157, February.
- Berglund, Tom & Liljeblom, Eva, 1988. " Market Serial Correlation on a Small Security Market: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1265-1274, December.
- Luoma, M & Martikainen, T & Perttunen, J & Pynnönen, S, 1994. "Different beta estimation techniques in infrequently traded and inefficient stock markets," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 471-476, September.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Dacorogna, Michael M. & Muller, Ulrich A. & Nagler, Robert J. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V., 1993. "A geographical model for the daily and weekly seasonal volatility in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 413-438, August.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Kalman J. Cohen & Gabriel A. Hawawini & Steven F. Maier & Robert A. Schwartz & David K. Whitcomb, 1983. "Estimating and Adjusting for the Intervalling-Effect Bias in Beta," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 135-148, January.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Theobald, Michael & Price, Vera, 1984. " Seasonality Estimation in Thin Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 377-392, June.
- Berglund, Tom & Liljeblom, Eva & Loflund, Anders, 1989. "Estimating betas on daily data for a small stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 41-64, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Ferguson & Tom Scott & Neil Fargher, 2016. "The determinants and market reaction to Open Briefings: an investor relations option and evidence on the effectiveness of disclosure," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 56(3), pages 803-843, September.
- Sahlstrom, Petri, 2001. "Impact of stock option listings on return and risk characteristics in Finland," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 19-36.
- Alejandro Bernales & Diether W. Beuermann & Gonzalo Cortazar, 2014. "Thinly traded securities and risk management," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 41(1 Year 20), pages 5-48, June.
- Kallunki, Juha-Pekka, 1997. "Using accounting variables as instrumental risk measures in event studies: evidence from a thinly traded stock market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 189-202, October.
- Ferguson, Andrew & Scott, Tom, 2011. "Market reactions to Australian boutique resource investor presentations," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 330-338.
- Diether W. Beuermann, 2015.
"Information and Communications Technology, Agricultural Profitability and Child Labor in Rural Peru,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 988-1005, November.
- Gonzalo Cortazar & Diether Beuermann & Alejandro Bernales, 2013. "Risk Management with Thinly Traded Securities: Methodology and Implementation," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4647, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:103:y:1997:i:1:p:186-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.