Market reactions to Australian boutique resource investor presentations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Paul C. Tetlock & Maytal Saar-Tsechansky & Sofus Macskassy, 2008. "More Than Words: Quantifying Language to Measure Firms' Fundamentals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1437-1467, June.
- Philip Brown & Andrew Ferguson & Andrew B. Jackson, 2009. "Pierpont and the Capital Market," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(2), pages 147-170.
- John Y. Campbell & Sanford J. Grossman & Jiang Wang, 1993.
"Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 905-939.
- John Y. Campbell & Sanford J. Grossman & Jiang Wang, 1992. "Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 4193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Jiang & Grossman, Sanford & Campbell, John, 1993. "Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns," Scholarly Articles 3128710, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Stephan Hollander & Maarten Pronk & Erik Roelofsen, 2010. "Does Silence Speak? An Empirical Analysis of Disclosure Choices During Conference Calls," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 531-563, June.
- Bushee, Brian J. & Matsumoto, Dawn A. & Miller, Gregory S., 2003. "Open versus closed conference calls: the determinants and effects of broadening access to disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 149-180, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:1:p:133-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Francis, Jennifer & Douglas Hanna, J. & Philbrick, Donna R., 1997. "Management communications with securities analysts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Huberman, Gur, 2001. "Familiarity Breeds Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 659-680.
- Kallunki, Juha-Pekka, 1997. "Handling missing prices in a thinly traded stock market: implications for the specification of event study methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 186-197, November.
- Lily Fang & Joel Peress, 2009. "Media Coverage and the Cross-section of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(5), pages 2023-2052, October.
- Busse, Jeffrey A. & Clifton Green, T., 2002. "Market efficiency in real time," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 415-437, September.
- Brian J. Bushee & John E. Core & Wayne Guay & Sophia J.W. Hamm, 2010. "The Role of the Business Press as an Information Intermediary," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Ferguson, Andrew & Crockett, Adrian, 2003. "Information transfer and press coverage: The case of the Gawler Craton gold boom," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-120, January.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breu, Christopher & Schönbohm, Avo & Löcher, Markus, 2015. "Impact of investor presentations on share prices: Evidence from DAX 30 companies from 2010-2012," Working Papers 88, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute of Management Berlin (IMB).
- Fox, Kenneth A., 2017. "The usefulness of NI 43-101 technical reports for financial analysts," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 225-233.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Liang Li, 2014. "Valuing Resource Investments," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 14-27, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Ferguson, Andrew & Feigin, Alexey & Kean, Stephen, 2013. "Gold mine feasibility study disclosure in Australia: Determinants and implications," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 8-17.
More about this item
KeywordsDisclosure; Information asymmetry; Event study; Extractive industries; Dissemination;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:4:p:330-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.