Testing for a slowly changing level with special reference to stochastic volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- King, Maxwell L., 1985. "A point optimal test for autoregressive disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 21-37, January.
- King, Maxwell L, 1982. "Testing for a Serially Correlated Component in Regression Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 577-582, October.
- Robinson, P. M., 1991. "Testing for strong serial correlation and dynamic conditional heteroskedasticity in multiple regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 67-84, January.
- Andrew Harvey & Esther Ruiz & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-264.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992.
"Testing for parameter instability in linear models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 517-533, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "STABTEST: RATS procedure to perform Hansen's stability test for OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00199, Boston College Department of Economics.
- King, Maxwell L & Shively, Thomas S, 1993. "Locally Optimal Testing When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only under the Alternative," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Shin, Yongcheol, 1994. "A Residual-Based Test of the Null of Cointegration Against the Alternative of No Cointegration," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 91-115, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poncela, Pilar & Ruiz, Esther, 2012. "More is not always better : back to the Kalman filter in dynamic factor models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws122317, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Fabio Busetti & Andrew Harvey, 2011.
"When is a Copula Constant? A Test for Changing Relationships,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 9(1), pages 106-131, Winter.
- Busetti, F. & Harvey, A., 2008. "When is a copula constant? A test for changing relationships," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0841, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- DeRossi, G. & Harvey, A., 2006. "Time-Varying Quantiles," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0649, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Angeles Carnero, 2004. "Persistence and Kurtosis in GARCH and Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(2), pages 319-342.
- Harvey, Andrew & Thiele, Stephen, 2016. "Testing against changing correlation," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 575-589.
- Ruiz Esther & Pérez Ana, 2012. "Maximally Autocorrelated Power Transformations: A Closer Look at the Properties of Stochastic Volatility Models," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(3), pages 1-33, September.
- Davide Delle Monache & Stefano Grassi & Paolo Santucci de Magistris, 0404. "Does the ARFIMA really shift?," CREATES Research Papers 2017-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Busettti, F. & Harvey, A., 2007. "Tests of time-invariance," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0701, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Harvey, A. & Chakravarty, T., 2008. "Beta-t-(E)GARCH," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0840, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Fabio Busetti & Andrew Harvey, 2010. "Tests of strict stationarity based on quantile indicators," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(6), pages 435-450, November.
- Mora Galán, Alberto & Pérez, Ana & Ruiz, Esther, 2004. "Stochastic volatility models and the Taylor effect," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws046315, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Pena, Daniel & Rodriguez, Julio, 2005. "Detecting nonlinearity in time series by model selection criteria," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 731-748.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:87:y:1998:i:1:p:167-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.