A consistent nonparametric test of parametric regression functional form in fixed effects panel data models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell & Lu, Zudi & TjÃ¸stheim, Dag, 2009.
"Nonparametric Specification Testing For Nonlinear Time Series With Nonstationarity,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(6), pages 1869-1892, December.
- Jiti Gao & Maxwell King & Zudi Lu & Dag TjÃ¸stheim, 2009. "Nonparametric Specification Testing for Nonlinear Time Series with Nonstationarity," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Li, Qi, 1999. "Consistent model specification tests for time series econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 101-147, September.
- Herman J. Bierens & Werner Ploberger, 1997.
"Asymptotic Theory of Integrated Conditional Moment Tests,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1129-1152, September.
- Bierens, H.J. & Ploberger, W., 1995. "Asymptotic theory of integrated conditional moment tests," Discussion Paper 1995-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 1999. "Consistent hypothesis testing in semiparametric and nonparametric models for econometric time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 373-401, August.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-1430, November.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Carroll, Raymond J. & Li, Qi, 2008. "Nonparametric estimation and testing of fixed effects panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 257-275, May.
- Ellison, Glenn & Ellison, Sara Fisher, 2000.
"A simple framework for nonparametric specification testing,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 1-23, May.
- Ellison, G. & Ellison, F., 1993. "A Simple Framework for Non-Parametric Specification Testing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1662, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Glenn Ellison & Sara Fisher Ellison, 1998. "A Simple Framework for Nonparametric Specification Testing," NBER Technical Working Papers 0234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mammen, Enno & StÃ¸ve, BÃ¥rd & TjÃ¸stheim, Dag, 2009. "Nonparametric Additive Models For Panels Of Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 442-481, April.
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi, 1996. "Consistent Model Specification Tests: Omitted Variables and Semiparametric Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 865-890, July.
- John Xu Zheng, 1996. "A consistent test of functional form via nonparametric estimation techniques," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-289, December.
- Dale J. Poirier, 1995. "Intermediate Statistics and Econometrics: A Comparative Approach," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161494, December.
- Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman, 2006. "Profile likelihood estimation of partially linear panel data models with fixed effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 75-81, July.
- Horowitz, Joel L & Spokoiny, Vladimir G, 2001. "An Adaptive, Rate-Optimal Test of a Parametric Mean-Regression Model against a Nonparametric Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 599-631, May.
- Li, Dong & Li, Qi, 2010. "Nonparametric/semiparametric estimation and testing of econometric models with data dependent smoothing parameters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 179-190, July.
- Hong, Yongmiao & White, Halbert, 1995. "Consistent Specification Testing via Nonparametric Series Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1133-1159, September.
- Thanasis Stengos & Yiguo Sun, 2001.
"A Consistent Model Specification Test For A Regression Function Based On Nonparametric Wavelet Estimation,"
Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 41-60.
- Stengos, T. & Sun, Y., 1997. "Consistent Model Specification test for Regression Function Based on Nonparametric Wavelet Estimation," Working Papers 1997-3, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2000. "Consistent bootstrap tests of parametric regression functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 27-46, September.
- Li, Q. & Wang, Suojin, 1998. "A simple consistent bootstrap test for a parametric regression function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 145-165, August.
- Arellano, Manuel, 2003. "Panel Data Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245291.
- Yatchew, Adonis John, 1992. "Nonparametric Regression Tests Based on Least Squares," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 435-451, December.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Su, Liangjun & Jin, Sainan & Zhang, Yonghui, 2015.
"Specification test for panel data models with interactive fixed effects,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 222-244.
- Liangjun Su & Sainan Jin & Yonghui Zhang, 2014. "Specification Test for Panel Data Models with Interactive Fixed Effects," Working Papers 08-2014, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2018. "Nonparametric Estimation and Inference for Panel Data Models," Department of Economics Working Papers 2018-02, McMaster University.
- Michael Lechner & Gabriel Okasa, 2019.
"Random Forest Estimation of the Ordered Choice Model,"
1907.02436, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2020.
- Lechner, Michael & Okasa, Gabriel, 2019. "Random Forest Estimation of the Ordered Choice Model," Economics Working Paper Series 1908, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Zhou, Jianhua & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2020. "Nonparametric estimation of the determinants of inefficiency in the presence of firm heterogeneity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 286(3), pages 1142-1152.
- Lee, Jungyoon & Robinson, Peter M., 2015. "Panel nonparametric regression with fixed effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 188(2), pages 346-362.
- Halder, Shaymal C. & Malikov, Emir, 2020. "Smoothed LSDV estimation of functional-coefficient panel data models with two-way fixed effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 192(C).
- Sun, Yiguo & Malikov, Emir, 2018.
"Estimation and inference in functional-coefficient spatial autoregressive panel data models with fixed effects,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 359-378.
- Sun, Yiguo & Malikov, Emir, 2017. "Estimation and Inference in Functional-Coefficient Spatial Autoregressive Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects," MPRA Paper 83671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xu Guo & Tao Wang & Lixing Zhu, 2016. "Model checking for parametric single-index models: a dimension reduction model-adaptive approach," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 78(5), pages 1013-1035, November.
- Ivan Korolev, 2019. "A Consistent LM Type Specification Test for Semiparametric Panel Data Models," Papers 1909.05649, arXiv.org.
- Hua Liu & Youquan Pei & Qunfang Xu, 2020. "Estimation for varying coefficient panel data model with cross-sectional dependence," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 377-410, April.
- Li, Hongjun & Li, Qi & Liu, Ruixuan, 2016. "Consistent model specification tests based on k-nearest-neighbor estimation method," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 187-202.
More about this item
KeywordsConsistent test; Bootstrap; Fixed effects; Nonparametric estimation; Panel data;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:178:y:2014:i:p1:p:167-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.