Fat tails, VaR and subadditivity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Walden, Johan, 2007. "The limits of diversification when losses may be large," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2551-2569, August.
- Casper G. de Vries & Gennady Samorodnitsky & Bjørn N. Jorgensen & Sarma Mandira & Jon Danielsson, 2005.
"Subadditivity Re–Examined: the Case for Value-at-Risk,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp549, Financial Markets Group.
- Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjørn N. & Mandira, Sarma & Samorodnitsky, Gennady & Vries, C. G. de, 2005. "Subadditivity re–examined: the case for value-at-risk," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24668, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jón Daníelsson & Bjørn Jorgensen & Casper Vries & Xiaoguang Yang, 2008. "Optimal portfolio allocation under the probabilistic VaR constraint and incentives for financial innovation," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 345-367, July.
- Yamai, Yasuhiro & Yoshiba, Toshinao, 2002. "Comparative Analyses of Expected Shortfall and Value-at-Risk: Their Estimation Error, Decomposition, and Optimization," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 20(1), pages 87-121, January.
- Rustam Ibragimov, 2009. "Portfolio diversification and value at risk under thick-tailedness," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 565-580.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996.
"The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk,"
BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996. "The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- Geluk, J.L. & De Vries, C.G., 2006.
"Weighted sums of subexponential random variables and asymptotic dependence between returns on reinsurance equities,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 39-56, February.
- J.L. Geluk & C.G. de Vries, 2004. "Weighted Sums of Subexponential Random Variables and Asymptotic Dependence between Returns on Reinsurance Equities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-102/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Geluk, J.L. & de Vries, C.G., 2004. "Weighted sums of subexponential random variables and asymptotic dependence between returns on reinsurance equities," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-47, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- De Vries, C.G., 2005. "The simple economics of bank fragility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 803-825, April.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001. "Expected Shortfall: a natural coherent alternative to Value at Risk," Papers cond-mat/0105191, arXiv.org.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 18-24, February.
- Casper de Vries & Dennis W. Jansen, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- S. V. Stoyanov & S. T. Rachev & F. J. Fabozzi, 2007. "Optimal Financial Portfolios," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 401-436.
- René Garcia & Éric Renault & Georges Tsafack, 2007. "Proper Conditioning for Coherent VaR in Portfolio Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(3), pages 483-494, March.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.),THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- HyunSong Shin, 2009. "Securitisation and Financial Stability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(536), pages 309-332, March.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2000:i:60:p:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Walden, Johan, 2007. "The limits of diversification when losses may be large," Scholarly Articles 2624460, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Carlo Acerbi & Claudio Nordio & Carlo Sirtori, 2001. "Expected Shortfall as a Tool for Financial Risk Management," Papers cond-mat/0102304, arXiv.org.
- de Haan, Laurens & Resnick, Sidney I. & Rootzén, Holger & de Vries, Casper G., 1989. "Extremal behaviour of solutions to a stochastic difference equation with applications to arch processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 213-224, August.
More about this item
KeywordsValue-at-Risk; Subadditivity; Fat tailed distribution; Extreme value estimation;
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:172:y:2013:i:2:p:283-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.