Comparative Analyses of Expected Shortfall and Value-at-Risk: Their Estimation Error, Decomposition, and Optimization
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Esfandiar Maasoumi & Michael McAleer & Teodosio Pérez-Amaral, 2015.
"A Stochastic Dominance Approach to the Basel III Dilemma: Expected Shortfall or VaR?,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
15-056/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Esfandiar Maasoumi & Michael McAleer & Teodosio Pérez-Amaral, 2015. "A Stochastic Dominance Approach to the Basel III Dilemma: Expected Shortfall or VaR?," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2015-16, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chang, C-L. & Jiménez-Martín, J.A. & McAleer, M.J. & Pérez-Amaral, T., 2015. "A Stochastic Dominance Approach to the Basel III Dilemma: Expected Shortfall or VaR?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2015-14, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Silvia Stanescu & Radu Tunaru, 2013. "Quantifying the uncertainty in VaR and expected shortfall estimates," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 15, pages 357-372 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano & Zaichao Du, 2015. "Backtesting Expected Shortfall: Accounting for Tail Risk," Caepr Working Papers 2015-001, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Cotter, John & Dowd, Kevin, 2007.
"Evaluating the Precision of Estimators of Quantile-Based Risk Measures,"
3504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Evaluating the Precision of Estimators of Quantile-Based Risk Measures," Working Papers 200743, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Kevin Dowd & John Cotter, 2011. "Evaluating the Precision of Estimators of Quantile-Based Risk Measures," Papers 1103.5665, arXiv.org.
- Marius ACATRINEI, 2015. "Individual contributions to portfolio risk: risk decomposition for the BET-FI index," Computational Methods in Social Sciences (CMSS), "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 75-80, June.
- Dobrislav Dobrev∗ & Travis D. Nesmith & Dong Hwan Oh, 2017.
"Accurate Evaluation of Expected Shortfall for Linear Portfolios with Elliptically Distributed Risk Factors,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Dobrev, Dobrislav & Nesmith, Travis D. & Oh, Dong Hwan, 2016. "Accurate Evaluation of Expected Shortfall for Linear Portfolios with Elliptically Distributed Risk Factors," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-065, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 03 Feb 2017.
- Kerkhof, F.L.J. & Melenberg, B. & Schumacher, J.M., 2003. "Testing Expected Shortfall Models for Derivative Positions," Discussion Paper 2003-24, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Benjamin R. Auer & Benjamin Mögel, 2016. "How Accurate are Modern Value-at-Risk Estimators Derived from Extreme Value Theory?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6288, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gyöngyi Bugár & Anita Ratting, 2016. "Revision of the quantification of market risk in the Basel III regulatory framework," Financial and Economic Review, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 15(1), pages 33-50.
- Giannopoulos, Kostas & Tunaru, Radu, 2005. "Coherent risk measures under filtered historical simulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 979-996, April.
- Fermanian, Jean-David & Scaillet, Olivier, 2005.
"Sensitivity analysis of VaR and Expected Shortfall for portfolios under netting agreements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 927-958, April.
- Jean-David Fermanian & Olivier Scaillet, 2003. "Sensitivity Analysis of Var and Expected Shortfall for Portfolios under Netting Agreements," Working Papers 2003-33, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:262:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2547-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takashi Isogai, 2014. "Benchmarking of Unconditional VaR and ES Calculation Methods: A Comparative Simulation Analysis with Truncated Stable Distribution," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 14-E-1, Bank of Japan.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:50:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11156-017-0652-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Luting Li & Hao Xing, 2018. "Capital allocation under Fundamental Review of Trading Book," Papers 1801.07358, arXiv.org.
- Mario Brandtner, 2016. "Spektrale Risikomaße: Konzeption, betriebswirtschaftliche Anwendungen und Fallstricke," Management Review Quarterly, Springer;Vienna University of Economics and Business, vol. 66(2), pages 75-115, April.
- Takaaki Koike & Mihoko Minami, 2017. "Estimation of Risk Contributions with MCMC," Papers 1702.03098, arXiv.org.
- Pavel V. Shevchenko, 2010. "Calculation of aggregate loss distributions," Papers 1008.1108, arXiv.org.
- Osmundsen, Kjartan Kloster, 2017. "Using Expected Shortfall for Credit Risk Regulation," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2017/4, University of Stavanger.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:248:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2251-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Daníelsson, Jón & Jorgensen, Bjørn N. & Samorodnitsky, Gennady & Sarma, Mandira & de Vries, Casper G., 2013. "Fat tails, VaR and subadditivity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 283-291.
More about this item
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imemes:v:20:y:2002:i:1:p:87-121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.