Portfolio diversification and value at risk under thick-tailedness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:1:p:372-388 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claudia Kluppelberg & Miriam Isabel Seifert, 2016. "Conditional loss probabilities for systems of economic agents sharing light-tailed claims with analysis of portfolio diversification benefits," Papers 1612.07132, arXiv.org.
- Sio Chong U & Jacky So & Deng Ding & Lihong Liu, 2016. "An efficient Fourier expansion method for the calculation of value-at-risk: Contributions of extra-ordinary risks," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(01), pages 1-27, March.
- Hyung, Namwon & de Vries, Casper G., 2012. "Simulating and calibrating diversification against black swans," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1162-1175.
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Prokhorov, Artem, 2016. "Heavy tails and copulas: Limits of diversification revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 102-107.
- Oliver Kley & Claudia Kluppelberg & Gesine Reinert, 2015. "Conditional risk measures in a bipartite market structure," Papers 1510.00616, arXiv.org.
- Chollete, Lorán & de la Peña, Victor & Lu, Ching-Chih, 2012. "International diversification: An extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 871-885.
- Ankudinov, Andrei & Ibragimov, Rustam & Lebedev, Oleg, 2017. "Sanctions and the Russian stock market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 150-162.
- Huang, Wei & Liu, Qianqiu & Ghon Rhee, S. & Wu, Feng, 2012. "Extreme downside risk and expected stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1492-1502.
- Steven Kou & Xianhua Peng, 2014. "On the Measurement of Economic Tail Risk," Papers 1401.4787, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2015.
- Enrico Biffis & Erik Chavez, 2014. "Tail Risk in Commercial Property Insurance," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 1-18, September.
- Oliver Kley & Claudia Kluppelberg & Gesine Reinert, 2014. "Risk in a large claims insurance market with bipartite graph structure," Papers 1410.8671, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2015.
- Hill, Jonathan B. & Prokhorov, Artem, 2016.
"GEL estimation for heavy-tailed GARCH models with robust empirical likelihood inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 18-45.
- Hill, Jonathan B. & Prokhorov, Artem, 2015. "GEL Estimation for Heavy-Tailed GARCH Models with Robust Empirical Likelihood Inference," Working Papers 2015-03, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
- Tong, Bin & Wu, Chongfeng & Xu, Weidong, 2012. "Risk concentration of aggregated dependent risks: The second-order properties," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 139-149.
- Michael Grabchak, 2014. "Does value-at-risk encourage diversification when losses follow tempered stable or more general Lévy processes?," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 553-568, November.
- Ibragimov, Rustam, 2014. "On the robustness of location estimators in models of firm growth under heavy-tailedness," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 25-33.
- Ankudinov, Andrei & Ibragimov, Rustam & Lebedev, Oleg, 2017. "Extreme movements of the Russian stock market and their consequences for management and economic modeling," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 45, pages 75-92.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:200-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lundtofte, Frederik, 2015. "Banks’ pooling of corporate debt: An application of the restated diversification theorem," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 249-263.
- Daníelsson, Jón & Jorgensen, Bjørn N. & Samorodnitsky, Gennady & Sarma, Mandira & de Vries, Casper G., 2013. "Fat tails, VaR and subadditivity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 283-291.
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Jaffee, Dwight & Walden, Johan, 2011. "Diversification disasters," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 333-348, February.
More about this item
KeywordsValue at risk; Heavy-tailed risks; Portfolios; Riskiness; Diversification; Risk bounds; Coherent measures of risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:9:y:2009:i:5:p:565-580. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.