Smoothing local-to-moderate unit root theory
A limit theory is established for autoregressive time series that smooths the transition between local and moderate deviations from unity and provides a transitional form that links conventional unit root distributions and the standard normal. Edgeworth expansions of the limit theory are given. These expansions show that the limit theory that holds for values of the autoregressive coefficient that are closer to stationarity than local (i.e. deviations of the form , where n is the sample size and c
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, Peter C B, 1977. "Approximations to Some Finite Sample Distributions Associated with a First-Order Stochastic Difference Equation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 463-485, March.
- Liudas Giraitis & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2006.
"Uniform Limit Theory for Stationary Autoregression,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 51-60, 01.
- L Giraitis & P C B Phillips, "undated". "Uniform limit theory for stationary autoregression," Discussion Papers 05/23, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Liudas Giraitis & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2004. "Uniform Limit Theory for Stationary Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1475, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Satchell, Stephen Ellwood, 1984. "Approximation to the Finite Sample Distribution for Nonstable First Order Stochastic Difference Equations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1271-1289, September.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Magdalinos, Tassos, 2007. "Limit theory for moderate deviations from a unit root," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 115-130, January.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Tassos Magdalinos, 2004. "Limit Theory for Moderate Deviations from a Unit Root," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1471, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.