Optimal critical values of pre-tests when estimating the regression error variance: analytical findings under a general loss structure
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toyoda, T. & Wallace, T. D., 1975. "Estimation of variance after a preliminary test of homogeneity and optimal levels of significance for the pre-test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 395-404, November.
- Toyoda, Toshihsa & Wallace, T D, 1976. "Optimal Critical Values for Pre-Testing in Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 365-75, March.
- Giles, Judith A., 1991. "Pre-testing for linear restrictions in a regression model with spherically symmetric disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 377-398, December.
- Clarke, Judith A. & Giles, David E. A. & Wallace, T. Dudley, 1987. "Preliminary-Test Estimation of the Error Variance in Linear Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 299-304, April.
- Clarke, Judith A. & Giles, David E. A. & Wallace, T. Dudley, 1987. "Estimating the error variance in regression after a preliminary test of restrictions on the coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 293-304, March.
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro, 1988. "Optimal levels of significance of a pre-test in estimating the disturbance variance after the pre-test for a linear hypothesis on coefficients in a linear regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 151-156.
- Gelfand, Alan E. & Dey, Dipak K., 1988. "Improved estimation of the disturbance variance in a linear regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 387-395, November.
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro & Toyoda, Toshihisa, 1980. "Estimation of regression coefficients after a preliminary test for homoscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 151-159, February.
- John Geweke, 1999. "Using Simulation Methods for Bayesian Econometric Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 832, Society for Computational Economics.
- Nariaki Sugiura & Yoshihiko Konno, 1988. "Entropy loss and risk of improved estimators for the generalized variance and precision," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 40(2), pages 329-341, June.
- Giles, David E. A. & Clarke, Judith A., 1989. "Preliminary-test estimation of the scale parameter in a mis-specified regression model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 201-205, September.
- Rukhin, Andrew L. & Ananda, Malwane M. A., 1992. "Risk behavior of variance estimators in multivariate normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 159-166, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:114:y:2003:i:1:p:165-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.