Exact distribution of a pre-test estimator for regression error variance when there are omitted variables
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro, 1993. "A Comparison of the Stein-Rule and Positive-Part Stein-Rule Estimators in a Misspecified Linear Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 668-679, August.
- Clarke, Judith A. & Giles, David E. A. & Wallace, T. Dudley, 1987. "Preliminary-Test Estimation of the Error Variance in Linear Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 299-304, April.
- Clarke, Judith A. & Giles, David E. A. & Wallace, T. Dudley, 1987. "Estimating the error variance in regression after a preliminary test of restrictions on the coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 293-304, March.
- Gelfand, Alan E. & Dey, Dipak K., 1988. "Improved estimation of the disturbance variance in a linear regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 387-395, November.
- Giles, David E. A. & Clarke, Judith A., 1989. "Preliminary-test estimation of the scale parameter in a mis-specified regression model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 201-205, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qin, Huaizhen & Ouyang, Weiwei, 2016. "Asymmetric risk of the Stein variance estimator under a misspecified linear regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 94-100.
- Hu, Guikai & Yu, Shenghua & Luo, Han, 2015. "Comparisons of variance estimators in a misspecified linear model with elliptically contoured errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 266-276.
More about this item
KeywordsMSE dominance Pre-test Specification error Stein variance estimator;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:60:y:2002:i:2:p:129-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .