Further improving the Stein-rule estimator using the Stein variance estimator in a misspecified linear regression model
In this paper, we consider a linear regression model when relevant regressors are omitted in the specified model. We examine the MSE dominance of the pre-test Stein-rule estimator of regression coefficients using the Stein-variance estimator over the traditional Stein-rule estimator of regression coefficients.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro, 1988. "Optimal levels of significance of a pre-test in estimating the disturbance variance after the pre-test for a linear hypothesis on coefficients in a linear regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 151-156.
- Gelfand, Alan E. & Dey, Dipak K., 1988. "Improved estimation of the disturbance variance in a linear regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 387-395, November.
- Giles, Judith A., 1991. "Pre-testing for linear restrictions in a regression model with spherically symmetric disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 377-398, December.
- Mittelhammer, R.C., 1984. "Restricted least squares, pre-test, ols and stein rule estimators: Risk comparisons under model misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 151-164.
- Kubokawa, Tatsuya, 1991. "An approach to improving the James-Stein estimator," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 121-126, January.
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro, 1993. "A Comparison of the Stein-Rule and Positive-Part Stein-Rule Estimators in a Misspecified Linear Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 668-679, August.
- Berry, J. Calvin, 1994. "Improving the James-Stein estimator using the Stein variance estimator," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 241-245, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:29:y:1996:i:3:p:191-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.