Preliminary-Test and Bayes Estimation of a Location Parameter Under 'Reflected Normal' Loss
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giles, David E. A. & Srivastava, Virendra K., 1993. "The exact distribution of a least squares regression coefficient estimator after a preliminary t-test," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 59-64, January.
- Giles, Judith A & Giles, David E A, 1993. " Pre-test Estimation and Testing in Econometrics: Recent Developments," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 145-197, June.
- Giles, Judith A., 1991. "Pre-testing for linear restrictions in a regression model with spherically symmetric disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 377-398, December.
- Giles, David E. A., 1993. "Pre-test estimation in regression under absolute error loss," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 339-343.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Bayes Estimators, Loss Functions, and J. M. Keynes
by Dave Giles in Econometrics Beat: Dave Giles' Blog on 2012-05-11 22:20:00
More about this item
Keywordspreliminary testing; risk function; Bayes estimation;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vic:vicewp:0004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Voss). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/devicca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.