The MM, ME, ML, EL, EF and GMM approaches to estimation: a synthesis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 521-531.
- Goldberger, Arthur S, 1972. "Structural Equation Methods in the Social Sciences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(6), pages 979-1001, November.
- Zellner, Arnold & Highfield, Richard A., 1988. "Calculation of maximum entropy distributions and approximation of marginalposterior distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 195-209, February.
- Li, David X & Turtle, H J, 2000. "Semiparametric ARCH Models: An Estimating Function Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 174-186, April.
- Vinod, H. D., 1998. "FELLOW'S CORNER Foundations of statistical inference based on numerical roots of robust pivot functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 387-396, June.
- Guido W. Imbens & Richard H. Spady & Phillip Johnson, 1998.
"Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 333-358, March.
- Guido W Imbens, Phillip Johnson & Richard H Spady, "undated". "Information theoretic approaches to inference in moment condition model," Economics Papers W12., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Imbens, G.W. & Johnson, P. & Spady, R.H., 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Movement Condition Models," Economics Papers 99, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1736, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 1988. "A Class of Maximum-Entropy Multivariate Distributions," EGAP Working Papers 200301, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Crowder, Martin, 1986. "On Consistency and Inconsistency of Estimating Equations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 305-330, December.
- Koenker, Roger, 2000. "Galton, Edgeworth, Frisch, and prospects for quantile regression in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 347-374, April.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Yaron, Amir, 1996. "Finite-Sample Properties of Some Alternative GMM Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 262-280, July.
- Back, Kerry & Brown, David P, 1993. "Implied Probabilities in GMM Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 971-975, July.
- Miller, D. & Golan, Amos & Judge, G., 1998. "Information Recovery in Simultaneous Equation Statistical Models," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1319, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 1985. "Professor J. D. Sargan," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 119-139, April.
- Guido W. Imbens, 1997. "One-Step Estimators for Over-Identified Generalized Method of Moments Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 359-383.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, G. & Miller, D., 1997. "The Maximum Entropy Approach to Estimation and Inference: An Overview," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1327, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabrizio Cipollini & Robert F. Engle & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2013. "Semiparametric Vector Mem," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 1067-1086, November.
- Lauren Bin Dong & David E. A. Giles, 2004. "An Empirical Likelihood Ratio Test for Normality," Econometrics Working Papers 0401, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Lauren Bin Dong, 2004. "The Behrens-Fisher Problem: An Empirical Likelihood Ratio Approach," Econometrics Working Papers 0404, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas J. & Cho, Wendy K. T., 2003. "An Information Theoretic Approach to Ecological Estimation and Inference," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7h03r00q, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Iversen, Emil B. & Morales, Juan M. & Møller, Jan K. & Madsen, Henrik, 2016. "Short-term probabilistic forecasting of wind speed using stochastic differential equations," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 981-990.
- M. Ryan Haley & Todd B. Walker, 2010.
"Alternative tilts for nonparametric option pricing,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(10), pages 983-1006, October.
- Walker, Todd B & Haley, M. Ryan, 2009. "Alternative Tilts for Nonparametric Option Pricing," MPRA Paper 17140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antoine, Bertille & Bonnal, Helene & Renault, Eric, 2007.
"On the efficient use of the informational content of estimating equations: Implied probabilities and Euclidean empirical likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 461-487, June.
- Hélène Bonnal & Éric Renault, 2004. "On the Efficient Use of the Informational Content of Estimating Equations: Implied Probabilities and Euclidean Empirical Likelihood," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-18, CIRANO.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2009. "Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 126-140, February.
- repec:wyi:journl:002090 is not listed on IDEAS
- Changchun Wu & Runchu Zhang, 2006. "An Information-theoretic Approach to the Effective Usage of Auxiliary Information from Survey Data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 58(3), pages 499-509, September.
- Márcio Poletti Laurini & Luiz Koodi Hotta, 2016. "Generalized moment estimation of stochastic differential equations," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 1169-1202, September.
- Allen, David & Ng, K.H. & Peiris, Shelton, 2013. "Estimating and simulating Weibull models of risk or price durations: An application to ACD models," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 214-225.
- Hu, Wuyang & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Veeman, Michele M., 2005. "Bayesian Analysis of Consumer Choices with Taste, Context, Reference Point and Individual Scale Effects," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19296, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Timothy K.M. Beatty, 2007. "Recovering the Shadow Value of Nutrients," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(1), pages 52-62.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:107:y:2002:i:1-2:p:51-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.